Viruses....

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
TennesseeTuxedo said:

With Ole Buck leading the charge we'd all still be bowing to a King or Queen.

It is not that bad, after a few decades you get used to being on the floor kissing feet, once you truly submit, you start to enjoy it.......

Do not fret though, sometimes thoughts come into our heads about the word no..... :D :) :D

Buck Randall said:
callmefence said:
Buck Randall said:
I know my history quite well, and was taught in places where nobody felt it necessary to justify the cause of the losing side.

Lol you are dense... nobody justified anything.
It's just the facts scooter...you keep on ignoring the facts and I'm sure you can convince yourself of anything...

What is calling the civil war a "required evil" if not justification? Slavery could have ended without war; some hardheaded rebellious types refused.

Your equating me to a "hardheaded" pro slavery people ? WOW!! I am a real Native American and live on a reservation (75% Pueblo Indian) . Typical lefty. Attack, insult , imply racism. Never debate facts or logic.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Snowflake is a pejorative term.

Yeah, it is an insult.

My take is something that melts away and evaporates with little resistance.....but all countries have them, prob always did, but lot have been bred and brought up that way I guess, we could probably spend days looking at examples just on say FB....

Richnm said:
Buck Randall said:
callmefence said:
It's just the facts scooter...you keep on ignoring the facts and I'm sure you can convince yourself of anything...

What is calling the civil war a "required evil" if not justification? Slavery could have ended without war; some hardheaded rebellious types refused.

Your equating me to a "hardheaded" pro slavery people ? WOW!! I am a real Native American and live on a reservation (75% Pueblo Indian) . Typical lefty. Attack, insult , imply racism. Never debate facts or logic.

Buck Randall said:
Richnm said:
Buck Randall said:

You showed him there buck..a Facebook meme on a cattle forum... :roll: ;-)

Caustic Burno said:
Buck Randall said:
callmefence said:

There was nothing altruistic about any of them but power. Ole Abe's plan for the slaves wasn't that good either.
His was to rid the country of a them by shipping them off.
He only issued the proclamation to create a hardship on the south.
He didn't give a hoot or holler about the slave.https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.history.com/.amp/news/5-things-you-may-not-know-about-lincoln-slavery-and-emancipation
Better study your history Buck if the Democratic Party hadn't fractured into 3 conventions running three candidates ole Abe would have never got in.
This wasn't about slavery but power go back and study your Missouri Comprise.

CB he received 180 of 303 electoral vote....that means the other three only received 123....he won by a landslide just like Donald Trump. :tiphat:

The numbers of dying, if around the correct number, seems that the 65k estimate will be easily eclipsed if everything goes back to normal ATM in US.

We have had few deaths.

If using worldometer, US has 137 per million dead, we have 3, even if the numbers are wrong, there is a significant difference.

If the US reacted after Italy, and Italy remains locked down and high deaths, and it has 400 odd per million toll so far, it could escalate a lot there *potentially*, that is a simplistic view I know, Spain, France and UK also high numbers, not sure how the lockdowns look and timing looks between all.

When it gets into any aged care place, it wreaks havoc, and we know not much chop being stuck on a ship either.

Here in Australia we are lucky as we don't have the rate of international travellers like most parts of the world. But i think what sets us apart is how quickly the PM and states acted. We have nearly knocked it on the head and will be out of lockdown in the near future. We are well placed for the development of a vaccine and i believe our economy will bounce back pretty quickly. Wont be the same and a lot of lingering business issues but that may not be a bad thing. I should add i have never been busier and wont be needing any government hand outs or assistance. But with the up to $150,000 instant tax write off i most likely will put a 100kw solar system on shed.

Wish I had a shed that could hold 100kw, and 100kw of panels.....and some batteries 😀

If was not a pretendy farmer, I would be making something too.....I work prob 8 hrs plus a day, just got back from a hay run, but no income, no handouts, n9 help with anything, no write offs and stuck between 2 govt depts...one that sees me as a business, and another that wants to stop me doing anything.

Isn't miles of new legislation great.....to be honest, that is all our states and govt are good for, creating red tape.

Our US friends would have literally been up in arms from the 80s.

Packer was right.

What is the comparison for states in the US.

What have you had to do and for how long ?

Australia could be summed up by....

Leaving home is only ok too...

Go to work
Go for food or necessary supplies
Go out for exercise near your home
Compasionate grounds.

No staying anywhere apart from main residence, ie, no staying in your fancy holiday house.....
No crossing state borders unless a reqd service, and may req 14 days quarantine.

Health, law, fire etc are free when working.

Trump is right to target Chy... na

I am not sure how many there know what they have been doing in the South Pacific.

My take is, we are sailing for a WW.....it is like watching what happened in EU in 30s

They have a lot of hardware built up now over last decade or so......

TexasBred said:
Caustic Burno said:
Buck Randall said:
There was nothing altruistic about any of them but power. Ole Abe's plan for the slaves wasn't that good either.
His was to rid the country of a them by shipping them off.
He only issued the proclamation to create a hardship on the south.
He didn't give a hoot or holler about the slave.https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.history.com/.amp/news/5-things-you-may-not-know-about-lincoln-slavery-and-emancipation
Better study your history Buck if the Democratic Party hadn't fractured into 3 conventions running three candidates ole Abe would have never got in.
This wasn't about slavery but power go back and study your Missouri Comprise.

CB he received 180 of 303 electoral vote....that means the other three only received 123....he won by a landslide just like Donald Trump. :tiphat:

TB if I remember correctly Lincoln won
with 40% popular vote and less than half the states 16 out of 33 in 1860. He probably could have won with just 10 northern states electoral votes just due to the lay of the population in country
at the time. Only other POTUS to come in near that low in popular vote was Bill Clinton at 43%. Clinton did carry a majority of the states.

greggy said:
Trump is right to target Chy... na

I am not sure how many there know what they have been doing in the South Pacific.

My take is, we are sailing for a WW.....it is like watching what happened in EU in 30s

They have a lot of hardware built up now over last decade or so......

China doesn't want a war of fighting, they are achieving what they want as is. If they get into a arms fight with the U.S. they wouldn't stand a chance, it would start out epic but they wouldn't go the distance. They simply don't have the allies the U.S. does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts