Virginia Beef Expo Sales

Help Support CattleToday:

Lngvew

Reaction score
Angus sold 38 lots averaged $3820, Top lot went for $13,500

Charolais sold 41 lots averaged $2450, Top lot $6,800

Limosine sold 30 lots averaged $1980,

Remove the 1 high dollar angus lot and the 2 or 3 low lots from the Charolais and limosine, all would have been very close in average price.

Good group of cattle, also sold shorthorn, herford, tarentase but I dont know the averages.

This is one of the best places on the east coast to fine good seedstock or replacement animals no matter what breed. Hey Randy Owen ( lead singer for Alabama) was there buying cattle. Nice guy!

Lngvew":32hprsgp said:
Angus sold 38 lots averaged $3820, Top lot went for $13,500

Charolais sold 41 lots averaged $2450, Top lot $6,800

Limosine sold 30 lots averaged $1980,

Remove the 1 high dollar angus lot and the 2 or 3 low lots from the Charolais and limosine, all would have been very close in average price.

Good group of cattle, also sold shorthorn, herford, tarentase but I dont know the averages.

This is one of the best places on the east coast to fine good seedstock or replacement animals no matter what breed. Hey Randy Owen ( lead singer for Alabama) was there buying cattle. Nice guy!

He is a Hereford breeder, Tennessee River Music is the name of his outfit. If he was buying cattle there, this was probably a sale with some very high quality cattle. Sure wish someone knew what the averages were on the Herefords.

Go to vabeefexpo.org You will see the sale results link.

I am always facinated with sale averages, I can sit thru a sale and record the selling price of every lot, add them up and divide by the number of lots and never get the same as the sale managers report. I guess math aint my thing.

You bet, I have been going to this thing for a long time, Best group (across the board) of purebred cattle I can remember. I was a little disapointed with the commercial animals, all but 2 were black hided that I saw, I think they just needed some groceries or maybe it was the fact that I had looked at those polished purebreds. They averaged $1150 which if I remember was not as good as last year.

He is a Hereford breeder, Tennessee River Music is the name of his outfit. If he was buying cattle there, this was probably a sale with some very high quality cattle. Sure wish someone knew what the averages were on the Herefords

He has also started a herd of angus and has a fall production sale for them also.

greenwillowherefords":rc7mu8zp said:
certherfbeef":rc7mu8zp said:
greenwillowherefords":rc7mu8zp said:
Sure wish someone knew what the averages were on the Herefords.

I have a feeling Matt Frye could tell us.

Maybe he will :idea:

Well, since Matt isn't going to chime in here...

Herefords at the VA expo: sold 59.75 lots and averaged $2149