Victor 719T

Help Support CattleToday:

cowtex

Reaction score
719TNLC-1.jpg

We took a new picture of 719T the other day. Genex came and picked him up early to start collecting him. They have totally sold out of all their inventory of semen on him. Therefore his semen will be off the market for several months until they get the inventory back up. Sales were off the charts this year. The export market was a lot better than anyone thought.

That's a nice looking bull, I can see why he sold out.

RD-Sam":1e96wpyd said:
That's a nice looking bull, I can see why he sold out.

Thanks, he has really worked well for us since we bought him. We had our first calf crop from him this past Spring. We had 67 calves out of him and they averaged 79 #s. The new Hereford epds came out last week and his BW went up from -.03 to +.08. I think he has been around long enough now that his numbers should stay fairly stable. I will have some new pictures of his calves next week that I will try to get up on the board.

YEP.... thats what a bull supposed to look like, not this sissy steer looking things that breed associations and land grant colleges are pushing. Fine looking animal!!!

High Cotton":201ul25l said:
He's slick that's for sure. I like him more than a lot of the polled bulls I have been looking at lately.

Not taking anything away from 719T, but what you've said isn't exactly a feat. :shock:

houstoncutter":olg89y8j said:
YEP.... thats what a bull supposed to look like, not this sissy steer looking things that breed associations and land grant colleges are pushing. Fine looking animal!!!

He has never been shown. All he does is get out in the 100 degree plus temp. and breeds cows. He had 27 yearling sons that averaged over $11,000 ea. at Topp's sale in February. The commercial cattleman love him, especially on their first calf heifers.

We will have a bunch of his daughters sell in our production sale on Oct.1 and a bunch of his sons sell next Spring in our bull sale.

http://www.nelsonlandandcattle.com

I can't get enough of looking at this bull. He's the perfect Hereford bull for me. How's his dispostion? Is he easy to handle?

texast":2v3j1w2u said:
I can't get enough of looking at this bull. He's the perfect Hereford bull for me. How's his dispostion? Is he easy to handle?

Great disposition. Thats one of the great things about the Hereford breed.

Latest posts