Veterans day

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
1668145783639.png

This is the face of a battle-tested U.S. Military Vet.
He carries the scars of villages, jungles, hills, deserts, and river deltas long forgotten.
He walks now with the sheep on the plains of peace.
But he forever dreams of slaughtering the hyenas......

To those of you who are so hell-bent on destroying this nation that he fought for...and bled for.. and watched brothers die for...beware: He may yet have a fight or two left in him. He has no fear of death and hell... he has met both face to face and came out victorious. He will not hesitate to make a final stand before meeting his Maker... and has no qualms about taking a few hyenas with him!

Thank all you Veterans for your service and the sacrifices you made for this great country. God Bless you!

I salute any and all Veterans that have done their part to keep this nation free from those that want to destroy the things that are so taken for granted now. I hope that every one of them still has that one fight left in them... and I hope I can fight alongside them for something that has given me more opportunity as a woman than many many other countries would not have given me.
God Bless our Veterans and God Bless the principles the USA was founded on.

It is Remembrance Day here, where we pay respect to the fallen that made this country great and protected so many others.
My thoughts go out to all who served from all countries in the name of freedom.
Salute

It is Remembrance Day here, where we pay respect to the fallen that made this country great and protected so many others.
My thoughts go out to all who served from all countries in the name of freedom.

X2!

I see a lot of "Happy Veterans' Day" stuff and I understand the greeting but mostly, it is a day meant for somber reflection of those in uniform and those who once were in uniform.

Last edited:
X2!

I see a lot of "Happy Veterans' Day" stuff and I understand the greeting but mostly, it is a somber day meant for reflection of those in uniform and those who once were in uniform.
While I appreciate the sentiment when people thank me for my service... I'd rather they just let it go. I don't see anything I did as deserving of notice or making a big deal out of it. Just like most of us, we did what we felt was necessary at the time just like any person does when working any job or raising their kids.
If someone wants to appreciate military service let them go to a cemetery where the headstones are in perfect rows and all look alike. And think about what it means to take an oath to protect the Constitution, including the Bill of Rights... and not divide the country over minor disagreement.

Silver: I like the poppy.

The very 1st poem I ever had to learn in grade school was written by a Canadian Dr serving in WW1 Europe.
I have never forgotten it.

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

[edit]
(I copied this simply to avoid having to type it. I just noticed the last word in the 1st sentence is different than how I was taught. I learned it (around 1958) to begin "In Flanders Fields the poppies grow.."

Last edited:
Silver: I like the poppy.

The very 1st poem I ever had to learn in grade school was written by a Canadian Dr serving in WW1 Europe.
I have never forgotten it.

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

[edit]
(I copied this simply to avoid having to type it. I just noticed the last word in the 1st sentence is different than how I was taught. I learned it (around 1958) to begin "In Flanders Fields the poppies grow.."
I noticed grow as well. It is a great poem, we used to have to recite it every Remembrance Day in elementary school.

My dad was so proud of his service. He was in the engineer's during Korea and helped rebuild many of the runways in England that were used in WWII . He never saw combat but was proud to wear the uniform and would have gladly fought for his country. I graduated in 1975 and barely missed the draft for Viet Nam . E2BD79E1-3424-472D-9C47-840486E9F439.jpeg

Latest posts