Vet kills cat

Help Support CattleToday:

How many careers destroyed and problems caused by Facebook? I'd still take my cat to her.

I know this cat wasn't ferrel, but a cat can be heck on your local ecosystem.

She is just plain stupid for posting that pic on Facebook. The act isn't as bothersome as how stupid some folks are.

Apparently one no longer needs to be smart or sensible to get through vet school, only able to pass tests. I guess one of the S's now stands for stupid. But hey, the facebook generation just LOVES to put all of their personal business out there for everyone to see, and thinks nothing of it. I don't think that the perky young veterinarian will be starting another facebook page anytime soon.

It was stupid of her on several levels. It looks to be in pretty good condition for any feral cat I've ever seen. Their behavior is also much different from the average housepet out for a stroll. Any veterinarian with any sense and experience, and who cared to see the difference could have noticed either, before shooting.

I agree that people who allow their cats, and other animals, to roam free have no business complaining when something happens to them. They really don't "care" as much for their babies as they proclaim. Studies have shown that indoor housecats have twice the lifespan of those which are allowed to roam. And it's actually millions of songbirds which they kill annually. But none of that matters. She has already been tried, convicted and sentenced in the court of public opinion. Her employer bowed immediately and fired her, even though the incident had nothing to do with her job performance. In one way it was a cowardly thing to do, but it was also self preservation. If he didn't, his practice and livelyhood, and that of all other employees would have been ruined. He's now the hero to the hoard of ignorant, emtionally retarded pet huggers, and the media who enable them, who have never experienced anything even close to life and death on the farm or in the wild. The board of veterinary medicine will surely yank her license too, and look like heros also, the cowardly SOBs. She'll never work as a veterinarian again. Eight years of college and 250 grand down the drain. We've all learned lessons the hard way, or by doing something stupid, but next time I do it, I'll remember this young girl, and think, well, it could be worse.

I view Facebook a good bit but it can really be the biggest drama-queen soapbox opera out there.Just like all good things ,if someone wants to ,they can ruin it for a the others.

She is an a$$. The cat was someone's pet and it was not bothering anything.
What got to me was her arrogant attitude, "veterinarian of the year award... gladly accepted" and "no, I didn't lose my job over this."

The cat was not dead when her mother took the picture. If it were dead, it's legs would be hanging limp, not obviously moving while it's life ebbed away.
That was an unbelievably cruel thing to do. She showed no respect for an animal's life.

If you are going to kill an animal. Kill it, don't let it suffer needlessly.

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/...illing-Cat-with-Bow-and-Arrow--300293461.html

I wanted to say that I saw her Facebook page before it was taken down.

chippie":r0tg37an said:
What got to me was her arrogant attitude, "veterinarian of the year award... gladly accepted" and "no, I didn't lose my job over this."

The cat was not dead when her mother took the picture. If it were dead, it's legs would be hanging limp, not obviously moving while it's life ebbed away.
That was an unbelievably cruel thing to do. She showed no respect for an animal's life.

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/...illing-Cat-with-Bow-and-Arrow--300293461.html

She DID get canned from her job, in very short order.

1. Kills someone else's cat, even tho it was on her property.
2. She has a photo documented record made of it.
3. She posts it on social media for all the world to see.
4. She pretty much brags and exhibits no remorse about it.
Morons abound.

I recently shot a dog, on my property, to keep it from killing a neighbor's little miniature 'something' dog--that had come on my property sniffing for a female in heat that I had locked up in the shop. There were "circumstances" but I'll just say it was among the hardest things I ever did.

chippie":sdlpzgiv said:

I didn't go back and look at the second report posted, because it made me sick.
I agree with you Chippie, it sounds very cruel the way it was described. I am not a "cat fan" personally, but there is no sense in it.
She does not deserve to be a vet.

chippie":1a7os9ui said:

The cat was not dead when her mother took the picture. If it were dead, it's legs would be hanging limp, not obviously moving while it's life ebbed away.Once again I challenge you to prove that. You have no evidence to prove that assertion other than what you think.

If you are going to kill an animal. Kill it, don't let it suffer needlessly.An arrow to the head did not make that cat suffer.

Chippie Texas law says that people have the right to protect their property from damage caused by stray or feral animals. Who is to say that even it it was a neighbors cat that she wasn't tired of picking up cat shyt in her yard, or having her house sprayed on a regular basis. Her only mistake was posting the picture. Why has nobody even considered the fact that if she loses her license countless other felines lives won't be saved.

I don't buy that "she would save countless lives" 3way. I don't want anyone that stupid or arrogant looking after my sick animals.
She could have trapped it in a live trap if it was bothering her. Found out if it belonged to anyone.

So a bunch of you folks think the kitty was just out for a stroll? She was for sure stupid to put it on facebook. But you can bet the kitty was a hunting.

I bet the cat was just on it's way to get some skittles, and tea when this nasty lady was profiling it, and shot it.

She was probably using a crossbow. One time I saw my cousin kill one with a throwing knife. Now, that was impressive.

It's a cat... :bang: People get killed all the time and nobody gives a shyt but we're supposed to get alllll worked up over a dead cat? :???: I'd use her just because she has some common sense left even if she didn't use it when she posted the photos.
And as far as cats being a menace, pop a few and watch your songbirds come back. :nod:

Latest posts