Stories of a vet

Help Support CattleToday:

Those are hilarious and bring back memories.

Here is one I witnessed myself.

If you hate your wife's poodle please don't bring it to the vet to have it euthanized. Also don't lie to your wife and tell her you dropped Fifi off to have it bathed and groomed as a surprise for her because she will be expecting to see a dolled up Fifi when she gets to the vet's office and not a corpse in a box. When the gig is up, go ahead and man-up because your soon to be ex-wife isn't going to buy your story when she sees your signature on the consent form.

Jogeephus":1zty5y5i said:
Those are hilarious and bring back memories.

Here is one I witnessed myself.

If you hate your wife's poodle please don't bring it to the vet to have it euthanized. Also don't lie to your wife and tell her you dropped Fifi off to have it bathed and groomed as a surprise for her because she will be expecting to see a dolled up Fifi when she gets to the vet's office and not a corpse in a box. When the gig is up, go ahead and man-up because your soon to be ex-wife isn't going to buy your story when she sees your signature on the consent form.
Funny story about little foofoo dogs. A bird hunting club I once belonged to had the rule that you had to hunt with dog. One guy would come out with some little fluffy thing with ribbons in it's hair etc. That little sucker could sure find pheasants and would drag them back walking backwards. I asked him about it one day and he said he told his wife he was taking the dog to the groomer. He would come out to the club and hunt for a while then take the dog into the groomer and get it all fluffed up and be-ribboned and perfumed then take it home.

My father and I were taking some cattle to the vet for something years ago. I hadn't been married long, so when my wife told me her cat was sick and would I take it since I was going anyway I agreed. She wasn't home when we got ready to go, so I found an old pillow case, stuck the cat in it, and tied it shut with a piece of hay string. When we got to the vet I handed it to him, still in the pillow case. That vet worked there for a good while after that and never called me any thing but "Cat Man."

greybeard":17dwo6zq said:
#14 is an idea I have considered more than once...for other people's pets and livestock, and occasionally, for those people too.

A vet used to write a column in an area paper. The only story I remember is he was working cows at a dairy farm and this sorry excuse for a bull come through the chute and the dairymen said cut it. Later the owner brought the bull in and said something was wrong it didn't look like a bull anymore.

Latest posts