Very Big Day

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, on both.

Not counting chicks yet, but it does appear right now, that there will be snowflakes melting before sunrise tomorrow morning..

I am 3 blocks from The Supreme Court right now. Nobody in this hotel lobby seems to give a chit, but there are definitely some people on tv that look upset. I'll probably just stay indoors, since I didn't bring my gum boots. Melting snow, ya know.

5 of 9 justices are now appointees of a Pres that didn't win the popular vote (if my math is right).. If that doesn't give you even a wee pause while you're turning cartwheels, you may want to study up on your history....

boondocks":2c482qow said:
5 of 9 justices are now appointees of a Pres that didn't win the popular vote (if my math is right).. If that doesn't give you even a wee pause while you're turning cartwheels, you may want to study up on your history....

In regard to the presidential appointments....The "popular" vote (sometimes referred to as mob rule) is not how our presidential electoral process works.

And those same appointees, who went through a confirmation process by another branch of government that holds that authority and responsibility, were confirmed by that branch of government, who generally were elected by popular vote.
Perhaps you might want to study up on how our government works.

CottageFarm":1muvagpf said:
boondocks":1muvagpf said:

In regard to the presidential appointments....The "popular" vote (sometimes referred to as mob rule) is not how our presidential electoral process works.

And those same appointees, who went through a confirmation process by another branch of government that holds that authority and responsibility, were confirmed by that branch of government, who generally were elected by popular vote.

Very well said.

CottageFarm":32c9pjba said:
boondocks":32c9pjba said:

Very good response. I have got where when people make stupid remarks I say things that I probably shouldn't say.

CottageFarm":29ewdj7m said:
boondocks":29ewdj7m said:

Absolutely brilliant post.

I know everyone's excited, one way or the other. But the sun hasn't set, so to speak. The decisions he makes will probably have little to no effect on some of you, may not affect my generation. But they will have a definite impact on future generations. Here's hoping partisan politics don't influence his decisions, and our country remains intact.

CottageFarm":ndvwf5an said:

:nod: :clap:

And now, he is officially a member of SCOTUS (the 'ceremonial' swearing in will be Monday)

Bestoutwest":3tnn8tu3 said:
I know everyone's excited, one way or the other. But the sun hasn't set, so to speak. The decisions he makes will probably have little to no effect on some of you, may not affect my generation. But they will have a definite impact on future generations. Here's hoping partisan politics don't influence his decisions, and our country remains intact.
On one hand I hope the same thing, on the other I see no possible way. He was treated very unfairly and unjust by the left, and now more than ever knows what that side is capable of. Personally it's our turn and hopefully we the people get what we want for a change.

Dark money from all over the world and the USA determines how our government works and not how it was supposed to work.
Until this money is removed we will not have a representative government. We will end up with a fascist government if we are not diligent in our voting.

hurleyjd":2rzzfnpi said:
Dark money from all over the world and the USA determines how our government works and not how it was supposed to work.
Until this money is removed we will not have a representative government. We will end up with a fascist government if we are not diligent in our voting.

Yep.. Just look at George Soros.

Trump will be appointing a 3rd one soon. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts