Vegan Friday in NYC Schools

Help Support CattleToday:

I always found crows the smartest thing to shoot but recently we have been inundated with ibis and those things are clever buggers and bloody strong. Using a .22 can take a few shots to finish them off if you don't hit them right. Not like ducks, they go down just with a graze.

but when they came back in the fall... no meat, no eggs, no dairy. Sure put a cramp in cooking the Thanksgiving meal..

Next Thanksgiving, you can be better prepared...

Tofu turkey with broccoli drumsticks and a bamboo skewer neck tomato head.(not sure what all the greenery is that makes up the 'feathers' ... I'm also not sure what tofu is. I never saw any in real life) Does it grow wild or is it a cultivated plant?

tofuturkey.jpg

When I was in high school, I was spending to much time drinking pepsi, and watching the pot heads fight, to eat lunch.

Vegans are really quite obnoxious and pushy. Sad to see so many kids stuck with substandard food - although I'm sure the lunch was already poor.

On second thought I wonder if this is merely a gift to vegan food companies. Follow the money.

Yeah, I tell 'em, frequently, that my ancestors didn't claw their way to the top of the food chain for me to eat tofu, chickpeas, and quinoa.
And...why put in all that effort to make things look/taste like meat or bacon...just eat the real thing!
Never ate tofu, I have eat chickpeas and frequently eat quinoa in place of rice, always with meat though. Nothing replaces meat in my diet, I eat meat 3 meals a day.

Students at Barrowford Primary School near Nelson, Lancashire, [UK] are only offered vegetarian dinners - and kids are also urged not to bring meat in their packed lunches.

In the letter to parents last week, headteacher Rachel Tomlinson said she had made the decision to offer only vegetarian lunches over a year ago to "stop climate change".

She highlighted that the livestock industry has a huge carbon footprint and meat and dairy products "come at a huge environmental cost".

It concluded: "If you still want to send packed lunches, could you please consider meat-free options to further support us in doing our bit to reduce carbon emissions as a school community?"

Latest posts