• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

vaccine reaction ??

xbred

Reaction score
I vaccinated a group of weanlings a few weeks ago....one steer had a lump appear at the injection site ( upper neck)....this past weekend i was giving boosters and the same steer developed another lump at the injection site of the second shot (upper neck opposite side)...Is it a fluke that i did something wrong both times to the same steer, or do you think he had a local reaction to each injection?...How can I get rid of the lumps?? ( don't say sell lumps and all).. I want to sell this group sept. 1....I sure would like to deliver the whole group without blemish...

dun

Reaction score
Some will get a lump, others won;t. Usually they go away within a month or so. But we had one cow that when she left had a lump I think from every vaccination she ever had, lumpiest necked looking thing I've ever seen.

2/B or not 2/B

Reaction score
The lumps may or may not go away by the time you sell them. Ours seem to take a while to go down. But I look at it this way - at least they're an indicator that the animal has been vaccinated and that's a good thing.

CowGirl005

Reaction score
I have one cow who developed a lump on her neck after a subq vaccination of triangle9, she was pretty sore to the touch too. It went away within a couple of weeks. She gets vaccinated every year and the same thing happens every time with her.

novaman

Reaction score
My vet told me the lump is a good thing. Assuming your using a killed virus, these lumps form and act as a reservoir for the vaccine. It is a time release type thing the way the vet talks.

Latest posts