Vaccine label directions ?

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
Still learning as most all the calves I buy have been vaccinated but I'm not sure about some heifers I recently bought. Anyway, I have two new bottles of Ultrabac 7 (50 ml) and it says use entire contents when first opened. I only need to vaccinate 5 heifers and do it again (booster) in 4-6 weeks. Can I not just use half and then the other half when I booster them?

I would ask your vet their advice. Often exposure to debris (dirt and tissue from multiple use needles) and sometimes exposure to air will cause the vaccine to become uneffective very quickly, as will not keeping them at appropriate temperatures.

tncattle":1xifh0nk said:
Still learning as most all the calves I buy have been vaccinated but I'm not sure about some heifers I recently bought. Anyway, I have two new bottles of Ultrabac 7 (50 ml) and it says use entire contents when first opened. I only need to vaccinate 5 heifers and do it again (booster) in 4-6 weeks. Can I not just use half and then the other half when I booster them?
For what is worth, our vet says it is ok and does it himself. But I have seen him go back into the bottle with a used needle, I am a little parnoid so we use a new needle on each cow/calf and a used needle never goes into the bottle.
We keep a cooler by the chute and make sure they are stored right.
Right or wrong that is the way we do it, along with several others around here including a few vets that run cows.

we use automatic syryinge the best 20 bucks i ever spent put the bottle on and start shooting. it doesnt go in the cow then the bottle that way. i have saved the unused protion many time, i can't tell it doesn't work i am just to cheap to throw it away. and we use the needles til... i figure they all live together if they don't have what the other does they will eventually anyway again to cheap.

Latest posts