Vaccination Programs.

Help Support CattleToday:

ThreeCrossBuckaroo

Reaction score
Hello guys I was curious too know if any of you guys in the PNW/Oregon have a program your using for your cattle n calves. I am looking to revamp my program and I am looking for options. I know I am going to use the new I think its a 8way could be a 7way with the pink eye in it, just curious and thanks in advanced. :cboy:

I know we are not from the Oregon area, but we used te pfizer ML program for our calves, cows, and bulls.
Cows are done pre breeding with FP (Fetal Protection) ML vaccine
bulls are done at breeding soundness evaluation
calves are done in May with the cow with the calve vaccines (3 shots) and then again minimum 3 weeks prior to weaning...Try for end of August
Cows are also de wormed in the fall
calves spring and fall
bulls spring and fall
considering using a lice pour on for the cows when we do the scour guard in a few weeks

I'm not from Oregon either, but I vaccinate all the cows yearly with Virashield 6 with VL5 , Covexin 8 (or similar brand) and added this fall , Scour Bos 9.

If you are having a problem with pinkeye, I think you will be better off and money ahead to have your vet do a culture and send it off and have them develop a vaccine for the type you have. There are many different forms of pinkeye and this would save $$$ in that you would be giving them a dose of the type that is affecting them. I had a problem with pinkeye a couple years ago and even though I vaccinated for the pinkeye, it was not the type they had. My pinkeye was the one that affects sheep. I had the vet do a culture on one and he sent it off and had the vaccine made for me.

Blood and guts don't bother me but when the vet gave the cow a shot in the eye to clear it up, I nearly had the dry heaves.

I am North and west of you and over on the wet side of the hill. Two weeks ago I gave all the cows a ultrabac 8, a triangle 9 + type II BVD, a guardian (Sherling/Plough's scour shot) and a dose of ivomec. In two weeks we will do it again. A few weeks ago 99% of my pastures were flooded and it is hard telling what came down stream. Scours is always a battle here and one of my pasture looks like the textbook description for redwater. In May I work the calves and give them an 8 way, killed virus 4 way with pastrellia, and imovec. I do the calves again at weaning.

We vaccinate in the spring and fall.
On cows, we use:
Ivomec Plus
8-Way with Redwater.

On the calves, we use:
Estrumate or Tetanus
Ivomec.

Latest posts