Cattle Vaccination Schedule

Help Support CattleToday:

TTBHG

Reaction score
Does anyone in Florida have a good vaccination schedule from calf all the way to cow? I've talked to my Vet and he told me some things that I absolutely needed and others that were optional. I'm curious what y'all are doing?

Also, if anyone has an excel spreadsheet or google sheet set up for record keeping; I'd be curious to see that too! Thanks for the replies.

I think that it depends of the goals for your operation.
I was looking today for a chart that helped me understand which brands of vaccines covered which organisms.
I found the PDF below and thought it was helpful.
We have cow-calf set up.
Cows: respiratory combo vaccine and clostridial combo vaccine after calving prior to breeding, then treat for external and internal parasites spring and fall
Calves: calf guard, clostridial combo, iodine naval at birth, then they get respiratory combo, clostridial combo, parasite control at weaning
Hope that helps a little. I have used different brands.

Attachments

• CattleVaccineComparison-2020.pdf
    389.6 KB · Views: 31
Cattle Max is about the cardiac of cattle software.
As for a vacc program, like you said every region has specific concerns, but in general; COWS - respiratory w/ vib and Lepto, seven way clostridial, pinkeye. At turn out. CALVES - seven way Clostridial, pinkeye, respiratory, pasteurella, and Haemophilus. At turn out and again at weaning.