UTV Sprayer

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":3i6uz475 said:
shaz":3i6uz475 said:
Going by memory, mine has 5 or 6. I use it for touch-up work for the spots I missed with the 300 gallon sprayer.

FYI: I have a Raven GPS and STILL manage to miss stuff here and there!
That's why I junked my GPS and went to a foamer

Foamer works good but I have to run the short side and turn to run right back down the foam or it will be gone by the time you get back around.

With the boomless nozzle I have just accepted there will be over spray. Best you can do is go off the tire tracks.

That's the good thing about being a weekend warrior. It usually takes several weeks to finish a place. From one week to the next you can see what you missed. :)

Brute 23":3h5o4zk5 said:
dun":3h5o4zk5 said:
shaz":3h5o4zk5 said:
Going by memory, mine has 5 or 6. I use it for touch-up work for the spots I missed with the 300 gallon sprayer.

FYI: I have a Raven GPS and STILL manage to miss stuff here and there!

Foamer works good but I have to run the short side and turn to run right back down the foam or it will be gone by the time you get back around.

With the boomless nozzle I have just accepted there will be over spray. Best you can do is go off the tire tracks.

That's the good thing about being a weekend warrior. It usually takes several weeks to finish a place. From one week to the next you can see what you missed. :)
You need better foam. Even when it's hot the foam will last for an hour or more.

dun":1mkmh2uw said:
Brute 23":1mkmh2uw said:
dun":1mkmh2uw said:

You need better foam. Even when it's hot the foam will last for an hour or more.

I'm using the same stuff the contract guys use. 105 deg and a slight wind will kill foam no matter what. It's a lot better in the am but as it warms up it goes fast.

Brute 23":215wc6dp said:
dun":215wc6dp said:
Brute 23":215wc6dp said:

I'm using the same stuff the contract guys use. 105 deg and a slight wind will kill foam no matter what. It's a lot better in the am but as it warms up it goes fast.
I won't spray when it's that hot. Seems like a waste of chemicals and diesel.

I wouldn't spend a dime on one for a UTV (IMO). I would get a mist blower for a tractor as a small tractor will go were a UTV will go. After I got a mist blower my small sprayer has not been touched.

In my limited experience I get better coverage, which makes for a better kill, with the boomless nozzle, especually in thick stuff, than booms. You can spray in more wind and control the pattern better with booms.

I've been dreaming up my ideal buggy and it will be a 1000g with booms and a boomless nozzle on the back. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

I bought a 60 gallon tank from Gemplers and made my own sprayer. I use a marine grade permanently coiled garden hose(Amazon) on my sprayer wand. It allows me to move around and spray but coils back up and out of the way when I move-so I don't drag it and run over it-TC Ranch ;-) cause I've sure done that. Last couple of pumps have been JD Skiles pumps. I also zip-tied a piece of pvc pipe to the front side of my gator for a sprayer wand holder. I use blue spray dye to mark when I've been. Works good. Just wish, as the years go by, I would see a decrease in musk thistles, cockle burs, bull thistles, cedar trees & devils claw. Something positive to let me know I've actually accomplished a little bit.

Latest posts