Usernames

Help Support CattleToday:

Well... I have registered shorthorns, and on some other forums the breed was always referred to as "shorties" so I went with it... I also have some commercial cows, but I like my shorthorn gals a bunch more (they also tend to cost me more, but I enjoy the shows).

Shanghai":22xd7kqn said:
Ouachita":22xd7kqn said:
If I had given more thought, I would have chosen differently. I'm in the middle of the Ouachita (pronounced washita) mountains and national forest. I share over a mile of fence with them and they are the best neighbors I have. They let me hunt and fish and make firewood from any dead or dying timber close to the fence. They never complain about the hours long trap shoot, nor when I pee off the porch.
If I had known then what I know now, I would have chosen villageidiot just to fit in better :lol2:

In western Ok the Washita river, mountains and etc is pronounced Wash-uh-taw
Yes, same here. My mistake

Ouachita":hu8v7z94 said:
Shanghai":hu8v7z94 said:
Ouachita":hu8v7z94 said:
If I had given more thought, I would have chosen differently. I'm in the middle of the Ouachita (pronounced washita) mountains and national forest. I share over a mile of fence with them and they are the best neighbors I have. They let me hunt and fish and make firewood from any dead or dying timber close to the fence. They never complain about the hours long trap shoot, nor when I pee off the porch.
If I had known then what I know now, I would have chosen villageidiot just to fit in better :lol2:

In western Ok the Washita river, mountains and etc is pronounced Wash-uh-taw
Yes, same here. My mistake

I had to google it
I was thinking Ouachita was Wha-chita so you were right I was wrong
There is a little town called lookeba (loo-key-ba and some say low-key-ba)
I had to ask how to pronounce it

Shanghai":18z8iyow said:
In western Ok the Washita river, mountains and etc is pronounced Wash-uh-taw.

If there is a more crooked switchback river in the world, I don't know what it would be. Don't remember which highway or road I was on up there, but seems like we crossed that river about 10 times going north west to Elk City from Ardmore.

Latest posts