Usernames

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot":amqho82j said:
I hope caustic responds to this thread, I've alwYs wondered what his name meant.

A lot of people call me Bigfoot, so I went with it.

It is kind of a long story going back to my outlaw hunting days when a posted sign was something to use to start
an evening fire. This goes back when all the woods where in open range and everybody from here hunted.
About this time the timber companies figured out they could lease the hunting rights separate from the grazing.

We were making a deer drive and I was the flanker when the ole boy making the drive came upon
a box deer stand. That was unheard of in this country at that time.
Well the ole boy had climbed down out of the stand and was giving him what for.
About the that time I topped a ridge on the right the ole boy lite out running.
When I got to my hunting buddy I ask what was wrong with him.
He said the ole boy was a baptist preacher and was all upset we had ruined his hunt.
I said well why is he running like his ass is on fire and his head is catching on fire.
My buddy replied when he ask my name I said I am Acid Burno and my brother Caustic is about to top that ridge
and he is crazy and will burn your ass with buckshot.
When I topped that ridge I was wearing an old fedora hat and a pair of bib overall's blowing on a crow call
toting a Model 97 12 gauge.
This is when the preacher took off running.
Old Acid always carried a duck call and I carried a crow that was how we communicated in the woods,
So this has been an old running joke in these parts about the Burno brothers that live on Devils Backbone.
That is where the handle came from.
My hunting buddy that is no longer able to hunt was the one that made them up on the spot.

Caustic, I must say you have a way of getting your thoughts out through your posts in an awesome way. It is very unique and I'm sure most on here will agree that it is a pleasure to read.

ohiosteve":bocu8ve2 said:
Caustic, I must say you have a way of getting your thoughts out through your posts in an awesome way. It is very unique and I'm sure most on here will agree that it is a pleasure to read.

I had to edit it as I just remembered exactly what my hunting partner said.
I was going to burn his ass was what he said.
That happened in the sixties wasn't yesterday.

sky high tree 1 is what I do for my business go up sky high trees and 1 cause im the #1 guy and its on my main business truck.

Calman is what my Dad called me ever since I can remember.
And he was the only one in the family that called me that.
Guess he figured the name Cal was too short.

Cal

As a smart mouthed teen I was always inflaming everyone. So one-day a classmate got tired of it and took my name and cannibalize it to become Jalopy. He was the only one to actually use it though. College friends all call me Jimbo and family call me Jimmie.

County road cuts through north part of farm and creek is south boundary. both named dryfork. the 2 comes from second time registering. couldn't get logged back in.

I didn't know what to pick for a username, so I just Googled "What should I pick for a username?" and I waited and waited and for 5 days and for 5 nights I didn't sleep the entire time and finally I got an E-mail that said "Your name is 'Troll'. I E-mailed them back and said "Who the hell are you to call me a Troll?". They sent me a very rude e-mail. Ever since then I've been known to all my friends and family as Troll.

Troll":86b2mbq8 said:
I didn't know what to pick for a username, so I just Googled "What should I pick for a username?" and I waited and waited and for 5 days and for 5 nights I didn't sleep the entire time and finally I got an E-mail that said "Your name is 'Troll'. I E-mailed them back and said "Who the be nice are you to call me a Troll?". They sent me a very rude e-mail. Ever since then I've been known to all my friends and family as Troll.

You need to post a picture, list your hobbies, state your material status and if you have been or continue to be unfaithful to your spouse to able to fit in here

Caustic Burno":2pg3uk34 said:
Bigfoot":2pg3uk34 said:
I hope caustic responds to this thread, I've alwYs wondered what his name meant.

It is kind of a long story going back to my outlaw hunting days when a posted sign was something to use to start
an evening fire. This goes back when all the woods where in open range and everybody from here hunted.
About this time the timber companies figured out they could lease the hunting rights separate from the grazing.

We were making a deer drive and I was the flanker when the ole boy making the drive came upon
He said the ole boy was a baptist preacher and was all upset we had ruined his hunt.
I said well why is he running like his ass is on fire and his head is catching on fire.
My buddy replied when he ask my name I said I am Acid Burno and my brother Caustic is about to top that ridge
When I topped that ridge I was wearing an old fedora hat and a pair of bib overall's blowing on a crow call
Old Acid always carried a duck call and I carried a crow that was how we communicated in the woods,
So this has been an old running joke in these parts about the Burno brothers that live on Devils Backbone.
My hunting buddy that is no longer able to hunt was the one that made them up on the spot.
All this time, I figured you had been burned by something like sodium hydroxide--caustic soda beads etc while working.

greybeard":2dqsataw said:
Caustic Burno":2dqsataw said:
Bigfoot":2dqsataw said:

All this time, I figured you had been burned by something like sodium hydroxide--caustic soda beads etc while working.
I just figured it had to do with his charming personality and something from his work in the refinery.

No GB it was just a joke by two old boys that worked in the oil industry.
Acid and Caustic got used interchangeably for years with anyone new in hunting camp.
Times were changing and we just were not ready to quit hunting where we had all our life
We weren't where we were supposed to be, I know I would have never thought fast enough to come
up with that BS as he did. I would have popped off something smart ass.

Jed I have some pictures from our hillbilly self's back then.
I just don't know how to get them in the digital age. I can see how
we could scare city folk. Only a few of us left as most were of the greatest generation.

Latest posts