Usernames

Help Support CattleToday:

Where in the hades is warpaint anyway? Anyone going to pitch bail for him?

One of the times we went through this he mentioned he was named after his LH bull.

Putangitangi is the name of the New Zealand Paradise Shelduck, one of which I raised and she stayed with us until some idiot ran her down at three. Best "pet" I ever had, like a cat/dog which could fly. She was a bit messy, but we didn't have carpet, so it didn't matter.

Break up the pronunciation: Pu-tangi-tangi, the u as in You, the other bits sound a bit like tonguey. Tangi is to cry in te reo Maori; the birds have a mournful-sounding call as they fly.

I've only used the name here, just seemed a good idea on the day.

On a farm, and living in an incredibly old & ancient house, something always needs doing. Anytime anyone asks, my answer is "I'm workin' on it". Soo.... workinonit farm it is.

The Caustic story.....yeah....its a doozy!

Katherine

The old timers called young pigs "shoats". So one day I was working with some young guys moving hogs and I said "somebody get that shoat". They had never heard of a "shoat" and thought it was the funniest thing ever. They started calling me "Larryshoat" and that is the story of Larryshoat.

Larry

inyati13":1pzli5fh said:
Inyati is the Matabele (the way the British say it, the correct way is amaNdebele) word for the Cape Buffalo on the African Continent. While most of my friends were reading western novels, I was reading Robert Ruark. I have read every book Wilbur Smith (from Zambia) has written. I finally hunted Cape Buffalo. I have had a life long interest in Africa. If I could have chosen my birth, it would have been somewhere in Africa, the cradle of mankind! No place on earth is so steeped in the origins of life. The diversity of vertebrates, the big cats, the big mammals and of course, the deadly serpents.

Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrika (Lord Bless Africa).

I'm glad you posted Ron yours was one that I was wondering about. I knew that it was African but I thought it was the word for leopard. I looked it up and leopard is Ingwe. Very interesting name although I can't figure out the pronunciation.
By the way the origin of life actually took place in Mesopotamia not Africa but you and I can debate that another day. :tiphat:

slick4591":3ty7at03 said:
Mine stems from my single days. I used to date more than one lady at a time and I never got in serious relationships so I didn't always volunteer that information. Did it that way for about 10 years and never got into trouble doing it. Lawyer buddy of mine thought that a pretty slick so he started calling me that and it caught on. I could never get that as user name so I had to add the year of my birth in reverse in order.

I knew some of these would get interesting!

Putangitangi":3po5sbsh said:
Putangitangi is the name of the New Zealand Paradise Shelduck, one of which I raised and she stayed with us until some idiot ran her down at three. Best "pet" I ever had, like a cat/dog which could fly. She was a bit messy, but we didn't have carpet, so it didn't matter.

Break up the pronunciation: Pu-tangi-tangi, the u as in You, the other bits sound a bit like tonguey. Tangi is to cry in te reo Maori; the birds have a mournful-sounding call as they fly.

I was wondering about yours also.
I guess that's a picture of the fowl in your avatar?

mine is self explanatory nick name for Christine, I prefer Chris but it was already taken, and I tried Cockney Gal, but it wouldn't go through, hence using it for my tag after guru., and cockney gal is because I am from the Eastend of London known as cockneys. gal=girl.

Mine's pretty simple. i could be a FitzSimmons, FitzPatrick, FitzGerald, etc... But it is Shantylace Irish.

fitz

My hubby is presmud1. I have no imagination so I am presmudjo, the Jo being for Joann. Presmud is a combination of a ready mix company name and mud for concrete. His 1 is because the first time he registered for a name a number was required.

backhoeboogie":llh24cjx said:
Where in the hades is warpaint anyway? Anyone going to pitch bail for him?

One of the times we went through this he mentioned he was named after his LH bull.
Where do you get a Left Handed bull? ;-)
If you ever spend a summer night in MN lakes country, mine explains itself.

In addition to cattle I farm and run an artificial insemenation service on dairy cattle. Beekeeping has been a part of the farming side of things for years and for a few years was a huge portion of my income. My first foray's with the internet was a beekeeping forum so I drew the link from my insemenation service and my pollination service.

Deepsouth":1vl2nfm8 said:
Putangitangi":1vl2nfm8 said:

I was wondering about yours also.
I guess that's a picture of the fowl in your avatar?
Yes. The female is more colorful than the male (he's black headed, black breast, but the wings are the same color - a band of white secondary flight feathers. Shelducks are apparently as close to geese as they are to ducks. They behave like that. The chicks are really pretty, dark brown and white.

I used a numerical handle on a different site about 15+ years ago and got flack for being frank and accused of hiding behind a handle. That didn't make me too happy, so from that point on I use my real name on ag forums. Somebody has a problem, they know where to find me. You get within 30 miles of here, somebody can tell you where to find me.

Mine is actually very complicated and pretty technical. Deciphering is needed to comprehend it.
Today my secret is out. My first name is Steve, and I live in Ohio.

Latest posts