Usernames

Help Support CattleToday:

Deepsouth

Reaction score
where the Mason-Dixon line is considered the far n
There's been a lot of discussion focused around usernames lately. It got me to thinking about the usernames that we use. Some are as simple as the users actual name. Some make make sense as to what they stand for. However there are others that I just can't figure out.
What does your username stand for and why did you choose it?

I'll start. This was the first forum that I ever joined. I joined it to get help and advise on raising cattle, grass and the cattle business. I live in south Mississippi about 40 off the gulf. This is the deep south. I figured by using Deepsouth as a user name it would draw the attention of other cattleman in my region who would be more knowledgeable on my conditions and challenges.
Since joining cattle today I've joined 2 or 3 other forums and I use Deepsouth on all of them.

Let's hear your story.

I hope caustic responds to this thread, I've alwYs wondered what his name meant.

A lot of people call me Bigfoot, so I went with it.

highgrit, is a combination of my boats name. My boats are the High Seas, True Grit and Smoker, I wanted True Grit but it was already in use. I tried to defy the computer age but my family wouldn't let me. Sure a bunch of good folks on here.

When I started doing leather I need something to sign my work. there was 5 of us in my house and last name starts with a M
For small stuff I had 2 stamps and I had to over lap them to make it look like the image below.

Branguscowgirl is pretty self explanatory. I raise Brangus cattle and am a girl. Nothing fancy, use it for my email also, easy to remember. :mrgreen:

Bigfoot":belsep5n said:
I hope caustic responds to this thread, I've alwYs wondered what his name meant.

It will be interesting. Some folks from the old board will be aware of the name and how it came about. Some will say he is just the last owner of the name :cowboy: :hide:

Bigfoot":7ca6tkto said:

There is a story behind Caustic's name.

All my regular names were taken. Don't really remember other than we were talking about grubbing mesquite trees and I had just dug a few acres. Didn't figure on sticking around as long as I have or posting as much as I have.

Pretty basic one here... Just something I thought of the day I signed up. In hindsight, I probably should have used the farm name or something personal like that!

Brian

MWJ are my initials. I hate to type and get confused so I try to keep it simple. :dunce:

Inyati is the Matabele (the way the British say it, the correct way is amaNdebele) word for the Cape Buffalo on the African Continent. While most of my friends were reading western novels, I was reading Robert Ruark. I have read every book Wilbur Smith (from Zambia) has written. I finally hunted Cape Buffalo. I have had a life long interest in Africa. If I could have chosen my birth, it would have been somewhere in Africa, the cradle of mankind! No place on earth is so steeped in the origins of life. The diversity of vertebrates, the big cats, the big mammals and of course, the deadly serpents.

Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrika (Lord Bless Africa).

Mine stems from my single days. I used to date more than one lady at a time and I never got in serious relationships so I didn't always volunteer that information. Did it that way for about 10 years and never got into trouble doing it. Lawyer buddy of mine thought that a pretty slick so he started calling me that and it caught on. I could never get that as user name so I had to add the year of my birth in reverse in order.

Latest posts