Unsolicited "expert" advice

Help Support CattleToday:

Is she from Peculiar, also? Or is she from Tightwad, Mexico, Purdy, Doolittle, or some other Missouri city with a funky name?

Ned's got it, a catfight is in order. I'll be out your way next month, let's make it an event. I'll even bring the digital instamatic camera and post the results here. Mike - think you can help line up some funding for the adventure?

cfpinz

I suppose that I'm the least qualified to offer advise in this situation...but what the heck, never stopped me before.

Out of concern for the calves....banders are made for animals a whole lot larger than your calves. The guy offering that advise isn't all that savy about cattle and I would not be inclined to listen to much he has to say.

Unsolicited cow advise is the least of your problems....you need to but a band on that relationship your hubby has with his ex. If they are such good friends why is she the ex anyway.
Hubby needs to be reigned in a bit.

You need to slap some discipline into that gal...perhaps she will stay away...and have hubby back you up....if he has the
stones!

Thats my two bits worth...asked for or not....
Dave Mc (USMC RET)

USMCRanchGirl, pay no attention to MikeC, he knows not of what he speaks. The real solution is to tell your hubby you are moving down here to be with me unless he puts a stop to it. I mean after all I have fences that need fixing, tractors that need work, equipment that needs painting, bulls that need banding, grass that needs growing :shock: , barns that need building, and dinners that need cooking. Dang what am I doing on here? I have a lot of work to do.

I bet it gets stopped real quick. :lol:

While I agree with Mike's assessment, I disagree with the advice on hiring a PI. Yes, they have the hots for each other and maybe that is an itch that they scratch and maybe they don't. I don't see it as all that big a deal either way. If Marinegal is generally happy with her relationship don't rock the boat, don't demand anything, or look too hard into what is or is not going on. Skip any histrionics, that kind of insane behavior is only justification for concluding that he needs to make a change and generally it is the person making the most noise that gets left at the curb.

Sir Loin":1rsfsbym said:
Your problem is not with your calves, it’s with an old cow.
Now tell your husband to put an end to it or you will band him in his sleep.
SL

This post I agree with. All the rest are off base! :lol:

What you need to do is find a young well built cowboy (like the one I see in the pics plastered all over the beauty shops wearing chaps and a hat with no shirt) and tell your husband this guy is going to become your cattle advisor. Afterall, if you're going to be getting advice, why not get it from someone who knows and looks like he could wrangle cows? He'll be coming around once or twice a week during the days at random. Your husband needn't worry about unsolicited phone calls. This dude will be coming over.

By the way, banding the calf in the pic is no problem. She needs to find another excuse to call.

Mike - think you can help line up some funding for the adventure?

If we can be assured a good old fahioned "Hair Pulling", "Fingernail Scratching", down and dirty catfight, we'll all go together and I'll pay the costs out of pocket.

Let's go.

ROFLMAO!!! Okay, you guys all gave me a good chuckle for this morning.

BTW, it is a problem with her and not my hubby. He tries to keep the peace by listening to her when she calls just hoping to make it a conversation that does not end with her screaming in the phone and hanging up, then using the kids as a tool against him. Yes, she's one of those ex-wives. :roll: He just goes into "uh, huh. uh, huh. uh, huh" mode.

Oh, and we're BOTH Marines. He's still active, I'm retired. Believe me, if she would ever speak directly to me without the kids around I'd have let her have it a looooong time ago - but I think she knows that and won't even look directly at me when she drops off the kids or we're all at the same school or sports event. And, the thought of selling ringside seats to a beat down has crossed my mind on occasion. But ... breathe ... I am the bigger person .... sigh. Sometimes it's no fun being an adult.

Now, that "band him in his sleep" idea might just come in handy some other time - maybe I'll have to mention that to him as a little "incentive" next time I have a hunny do list! :p

Thanks everyone for the confidence booster and a good laugh!

Tell her you realize its cruelty to animals, but you are just using that as a stepping stone. You are working up to cruelty to husbands ex-wives! :shock: ;-)

USMCRanchGirl":q1qzndlu said:
Anyway, my husband's ex-wife's boyfriend (yeah, laugh it up) has been raising cattle for several years. How many years, I don't know. What kind of cattle - all they'll tell me is they're "show" cattle. Okay, whatever.

................................snip

She keeps calling my husband to give "advice" on our cattle.
This is the kicker.

..............................snip

Am I missing something here? If not, at what point do I tell her to take her "advice" elsewhere?

Good morning,

I read this and chuckled to myself. So an ex / ex / ex something raises bovines.

Great excuse to keep contact with the other half of the ex / ex / ex something.

She keeps calling? Hmmm ... I wonder how often she dreams of his dulcette tones? I wonder how often she cusses out that hussy that stole her man?

I think she wants to give him advice on how to meet with her privately any time you are not around.

Missing something?

Yup - she is a home wrecker and your man is not taking her to task - specifically telling her to take a long walk off a short dock.

You are missing the fact that your man seems to keep this contact going - is he enjoying it - I figure he is - even if he denies it - otherwise she would be long time gone.

YOU TELL HER NOTHING.

Tell your man to stand up - bark like a dog and give this ex / ex / ex the boot. Otherwise you will give him the boot.

His decision NOT yours. You are the poor unfortunate caught in the middle.

If you have to - tell him in no fancy words - grow a set of man's nuts and then tell him to prove he deserves to be able to carry them twixt his legs.

Good luck - troubled times may be on the horizon.

Bez>

Wow, alot of people that know stuff about cows give relationship help. lol
I bet there are more screw ups than successes in those that have given the help....

Anyhow, hubby cant tell the ex to go away till the kids are grown. He still loves the KIDS not her.
She sounds to me not like she has the hots for anyone but herself.
I bet she is more into control than anything.
So you get calls telling you how to dress the kids, when to drop em off, what they are allowed to watch, eat, when they go to sleep, and for good measure when to band your calves????

Just shake all the "help" off along with the exwife. The kids will grow up and this to will pass.

MD

I think those two women should get in the fornt yard and have an ass whippin contest one Sunday after church. Hair pulling, shirt ripping, name calling, face scratchin, fight. We will get get this thing out in the open and settled in short order so that everone knows what the score is.

Ryder":xnn5bkhx said:
You should not have to tell her. Your husband should.

I totally agree. Tell your husband that if he won't handle her, you will. I think I am not off the mark here by assuming that you would be much more blunt and to the point than he. Believe me, I have had experience in the area. ;-)

Lammie":1s0xadu7 said:
Ryder":1s0xadu7 said:
You should not have to tell her. Your husband should.

I totally agree. Tell your husband that if he won't handle her, you will. I think I am not off the mark here by assuming that you would be much more blunt and to the point than he. Believe me, I have had experience in the area. ;-)

The last thing a man needs to do is get between two women. But then what do I know. I let one woman get papers on me and it took 20 years to get rid of her. Now I just have a girlfriend and that is plenty woman for any man. I will never let a woman get papers on me again. I don't even argue with women anymore. Just say yes mamm and do as I dang well please.

How old are the kids in this... In other words,how long 'till they're 18??

Having lots of experience in this field I can honestly say that there is no use arguing with a woman. So that leave just three options. The first is to nod the head and pretend to listen method practiced by all men. It sounds like your husband is doing this. But it sounds like this bothers you (two women to keep happy, this is a challenge for him).
The second method would be to intrupt her when she starts giving advise and tell her that if you want her advise you will ask for it. This will make her mad. She might attempt to make you look bad to the kids (always an issue with an ex when kids are involved). Often this method will take several attempts to get the message across. Always remain polite, calm, and quite in your reply. If possible do this in front of the kids. That way they see that there was no yelling etc on your part.
Method number three is a good old fashion cat fight. If you choose this method please give advanced notice as it is about 3 days drive for me to get there to watch. If for some reason I can't make it I would like to put a friendly wager on USMCRanchGirl to win (history shows to always bet on the Marines to win). I will even give odds. Any takers?

Dave

alabama":1fap1yaz said:
The last thing a man needs to do is get between two women. But then what do I know. I let one woman get papers on me and it took 20 years to get rid of her. Now I just have a girlfriend and that is plenty woman for any man. I will never let a woman get papers on me again. I don't even argue with women anymore. Just say yes mamm and do as I dang well please.

Amen brother! :lol:

USMCRanchGirl":3c4o4jqp said:
ROFLMAO!!! Okay, you guys all gave me a good chuckle for this morning.

BTW, it is a problem with her and not my hubby. He tries to keep the peace by listening to her when she calls just hoping to make it a conversation that does not end with her screaming in the phone and hanging up, then using the kids as a tool against him. Yes, she's one of those ex-wives. :roll: He just goes into "uh, huh. uh, huh. uh, huh" mode.

Oh, and we're BOTH Marines. He's still active, I'm retired. Believe me, if she would ever speak directly to me without the kids around I'd have let her have it a looooong time ago - but I think she knows that and won't even look directly at me when she drops off the kids or we're all at the same school or sports event. And, the thought of selling ringside seats to a beat down has crossed my mind on occasion. But ... breathe ... I am the bigger person .... sigh. Sometimes it's no fun being an adult.

Now, that "band him in his sleep" idea might just come in handy some other time - maybe I'll have to mention that to him as a little "incentive" next time I have a hunny do list! :p

Thanks everyone for the confidence booster and a good laugh!

Sounds to me like your husband had incredibly bad luck with his first marriage and even more incredibly good luck with his second. I suspect that the two of you will handle this issue without any help from another old cuss..... Best Wishes !

Latest posts