Unclaimed money

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
It must be that time of year again when they publish a list of folks who have money out there that needs to be claimed. Doggone it wouldn't ya know my name is on the list again and here comes all the emails! I have learned my lesson on this tho. If it is only $5 I am going to claim it just so my name gets off of that darn list.

I had no idea how wealthy my ancestors were or all the places that they lived. Course it makes sense if you believe that all mankind came from Africa. Guess my family had a big presence in that region and now its time to collect my inheritance. What's puzzling to me is how they found ME through my e-mail address. But being intrusted with the millions they must be smart peoples. But then again, why can't I jump? Nevermind, shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

I just got something from UPS Manager Rubin. Seems as tho my address is not a good address for delivery of a package, so I need to go to my nearest UPS facility and claim it. In order claim it, I must open and print off the attached billing label.

I think I'll let UPS manager Rubin deal with that package in any way he feels fit. Personally, I'd like to tell him how to deal with it, but......

Alice

backhoeboogie":e07iyb32 said:
It must be that time of year again when they publish a list of folks who have money out there that needs to be claimed. Doggone it wouldn't ya know my name is on the list again and here comes all the emails! I have learned my lesson on this tho. If it is only $5 I am going to claim it just so my name gets off of that darn list.

Yep...banks have to do this every year. Fed. law.....I'm surprised they didn't just put a $5 service charge on it and zero it out. ;-)

I win the lottery almost every day. The British lottery, the Irish lottery, the Hong Kong lottery.
Any of you folks that need some luck can touch me for $5. Rub my head for $20.

john250":1sahxhze said:
Any of you folks that need some luck can touch me for $5. Rub my head for $20.

Boy, you get paid for that, shoot seems like I always am getting kicked in the nads and don't get a dime for it

I got a check a few years ago from an old bank account I had, that I never closed out but just stopped using it. It was for 25 cents, it cost them 60 cents to mail it. :roll:

Ha, Ha, Ha. You almost got me there BHB. When I first read your post I thought you were talkin' about the real list published in the newspapers every year or so. We got about $700.00 one time from an insurance company that said they owed us the money. Funny thing - it was my insurance company so why didn't they just send me the check????

Anyway, if the tree huggers want to save a tree or two why don't they lobby against this false advertising and phishing schemes.

lavacarancher":xz7sarq6 said:
Ha, Ha, Ha. You almost got me there BHB. When I first read your post I thought you were talkin' about the real list published in the newspapers every year or so. We got about $700.00 one time from an insurance company that said they owed us the money. Funny thing - it was my insurance company so why didn't they just send me the check????

Anyway, if the tree huggers want to save a tree or two why don't they lobby against this false advertising and phishing schemes.

This is the real published list. This time it is $58 from a community bank some place or another. Usually it is much less. The local bank I use has changed its name 9 times since I started using it. But it aint that bank. Kind of strange that I can't place it. I might have over paid a credit card or something some time back. Who knows? The banks have traded hands so many times there is no telling. Anyway, the list came out and every body and their brother must be checking my name. No need for me to ever check it. If my name is there, everyone is going to let me know.

Dad's name is there too. He died in '93. I know what that is. I have 100 shares of stock that were his. There worth a whopping $1 total.

Latest posts