Ugly calf contest?

Help Support CattleToday:

Here is my entry.

View attachment 1

Mom (on the left) Grandma (on the right)

Grandma is supposed to be Hereford/Limousin cross bred back to another limousin to get mom. Mom was supposed to be bred to an angus but I think the neighbors shorthorn provided the cigars this time.

1982vett

I think you're gonna have a hard time losing this contest. That is the ugliest youngun of any breed that I have ever seen,and his mom is so purty. Congrats

3waycross":2chlarqm said:
1982vett

I think you're gonna have a hard time losing this contest. That is the ugliest youngun of any breed that I have ever seen,and his mom is so purty. Congrats

I have to question where the black coloring came from. Could a red shorthorn throw black or are we digging way back in the gene pool to get a salt and pepper coat?

to me, mom looks nothing like a herefordlimousincross x limousin. she looks more like a beefmaster cross or something. granny doesnt look like a hereford x limousin either.

i wouldnt expect a red shorthorn and that cow to produce a black roan calf.

My partner has black paint shorthorns, blk roan shorthorns, and blk with a white belly shorthorns.
seems there was an Angus in the woodpile at one time and the black just keeps popping up. I think anything is possible with shorthorns.

He has a blk paint cow that was bred to a black(redcarrier)GV bull last year and they threw a wild red paint bull calf.

With shorthorns who knows.

Doesn't change the fact that the calf is plum ugly

too late to enter?

Picture2875.jpg

:nod: ^
^
I agree besides the fact that it has extremely long legs it is far from ugly.

In a couple months it will be a real beauty........

Beefy that's one unique looking calf. Did you breed for long leggedness so it can wade in your pond and eat water hycinths or are the legs for jumping to get to the better feed on the other side of the fence? I like the tongue trick too! :lol: Neat calf.

Now that is one cute calf Karen. You have no chance on winning this contest.
On entry #2, that is the ugliest calf I have ever seen, is it a midget or something? If you ask me it would make a better looking goat, if it where in a ugly goat contest you would loose hands down, what a cutie. :heart:

I think #1 should be disqualified cause its too pretty.

#2 ? Well I don't know much about Charloais but his back line looks a little weak and the ears might need cropping. ;-) :lol2:

i think its a charbray... its supposed to have floppy ears. must have gotten the pallet head and the big bones from the charolais side.

FFACOWGIRL":19sx05xv said:
Ok... One is a beauty! :roll: And two is a goat... :nod: Cute floppy ears though!

A goat? Are you sure. I thought it was a Brahma

Latest posts