TX Open Carry Derailed

Help Support CattleToday:

Drzr

Reaction score
Texas open carry was derailed today due to a technicality but I have a question for those of you who are already allowed to do this.
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/04/14/demo ... l-for-now/

Are law enforcement officers allowed to stop "ANYONE" to verify that they are licensed to have a handgun? If not how would anyone know who is legal or not?

Red Bull Breeder":2fywq9b5 said:
Are you saying the cops should be able to stop you to check if you are legal to carry a gun?

I'm not saying that...was just wondering how could it be distinguished whether a person is legit in carrying particularly open carry?

Drzr":3obcd1fy said:
Red Bull Breeder":3obcd1fy said:
Are you saying the cops should be able to stop you to check if you are legal to carry a gun?

I'm not saying that...was just wondering how could it be distinguished whether a person is legit in carrying particularly open carry?

They can in Georgia. Just like asking to see your driver's license if you are driving a car. This goes for sheath knives too. You have to have a weapons carry license.

All this is being blown out of proportion. There are many who chose to carry and its really no big deal. I rarely give a gun on someone's side a second look unless its a really nice one worthy of my admiration.

Latest posts