TX A&M

Help Support CattleToday:

They could have gone on back to Aggieland and gotten free furniture.

A College Station furniture store says it will keep its promise to pick up the tab for more than $1 million in merchandise after Texas A&M defeated South Carolina on the gridiron.

Following the pattern of Houston furniture store owner Jim "Mattress Mack" McIngvale, the College Station Ashley Furniture HomeStore announced Aug. 16 it would reimburse the full cost of furniture purchased Aug. 16-27 if the Aggies beat the Gamecocks by more than 10 points.

As it turned out, A&M prevailed 52-28 at the Aug. 28 game in Columbia, S.C.

According to ESPN.com, more than 600 customers bought furniture during the challenge period, running up a bill of more than $1 million.

A store spokesman said last week that other Ashley Furniture HomeStores had done similar promotions across the country, but this was the first in Aggieland. The College Station store had insurance to cover the cost of the promotion, ESPN reported.

A&M's stunning defeat came against the odds, which favored South Carolina by 10 points. It's especially surprising, given that the team lost three star players to the NFL — Mike Evans, Jake Matthews, and Johnny Manziel.

Ashley Furniture store personnel could not be immediately reached for comment Friday morning.
Yeah, I guess the store had the phone lines tied up, frantically talking to their insurance claims agent.

http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2014 ... 26286101=0

Typical news account..."Ashley bets against the Aggies". Bullshyt. Given 10 points they probably bet that million on the Aggies and made a killing.

Johnny Reb...my daughter sent me an email with this in it.....only thought it neighborly to share it with you. :hide:

Well bless her heart.... she knows exactly how we feel. But, TB, we find this pic to be both comforting and inspirational. If you would, notice how this Shamecock stands upright and holds his head high. This only explains the ear deafening sound we heard coming out of Columbia Thursday night. It was his head popping out of his azz. Isn't reality such a wonderful thing? If you would, ask that should she find a similar likeness of a tiger, we would love to have it. Have some neighbors in the upstate that may need a motivational poster after their date with those red clay hounds in Athens today. Would love nothing more than to sit and chat, but I have a chicken coop to rebuild. Go Cocks!!

John Reb":3v6ihp9z said:
Well bless her heart.... she knows exactly how we feel. But, TB, we find this pic to be both comforting and inspirational. If you would, notice how this Shamecock stands upright and holds his head high. This only explains the ear deafening sound we heard coming out of Columbia Thursday night. It was his head popping out of his azz. Isn't reality such a wonderful thing? If you would, ask that should she find a similar likeness of a tiger, we would love to have it. Have some neighbors in the upstate that may need a motivational poster after their date with those red clay hounds in Athens today. Would love nothing more than to sit and chat, but I have a chicken coop to rebuild. Go Cocks!!
:lol: :lol: Lost the battle but never the war... :clap: :clap: Will look for the Tiger. ;-)

Latest posts