Twin Timing

Help Support CattleToday:

In this case we are 99 percent sure that both are her babies because we only have 3 cows - all different breeding plus the cow had birthing signs in mucous and afterbirth both times. Cow number 2 has ahd a baby of her own since Dec26 and is in a separate pen and the third cow is still very obviously pregnant and due in a couple of weeks. There is a small chance of some other explanation I guess ( dropped off by aliens!!!).
We had an appointment to send the mom off for hamburger when she had no milk but cancelled because it was helpful for the calf to have a mother just for company and to look after him. We would like more cows like this one!
This morning both babies are doing well. Our vet has never heard of such a thing either but he said that strange things happen.
If I knew how to upload a photo I would send one for folks to view.
Judy Sieffert

twins - There is a very helpful topic at the top of the breeds board that shows you how to post a picture. It took me a while but if I can do it, anyone can! :)

Seems like I read about some woman in Italy getting pregnant in each of her uterus horns at different times. They said it was rare though. Could be?

Latest posts