Turning in your neighbor

Help Support CattleToday:

It sounds like he has landed on his feet Kerley and having paid you back a loan and a fireman then morally he maybe be coming good.

Have a daughter and have her for life.
Have a sona nd have him till he takes a wife.

Not true in my husband's case. He is very family orientated.

Kerley, the loss is truly his. He will come around eventually as he ages and hopefully it will not be too late cause if it is he will truly regret his actions. You've done all a parent can do so I wouldn't dwell on it cause it can eat you up.

Suzie Q":3b8am7ry said:
It sounds like he has landed on his feet Kerley and having paid you back a loan and a fireman then morally he maybe be coming good.

Have a daughter and have her for life.
Have a sona nd have him till he takes a wife.

Not true in my husband's case. He is very family orientated.
There's truth to that statement. Our youngest girl is 34 and still living with us. Thats okay with us, she is a good girl.

kerley":270qw57d said:
hooknline":270qw57d said:
I've got a brother that went to some hoity toity art school in detroit. He came back with so much attitude that he won't talk to over half his direct family, including our parents. He's was always a little stand offish, but I can't help but wonder who he's gonna ask for help when the time comes..and everyone has those periods in their lifetime.
I am sorry I brought my personal business to this board. My son was allways a good kid. Very adventuresom but did't have sound judgement. He had graduated from high school and looking into college. He wanted to go to school in Colorado so he could party with the snow birds. It was clear to us that his mind was not on getting an education. So... He brings this young lady to our home{she was a real cutie, well manered, clean and neat]. She was having trouble with her parents and needed shelter till her trouble passed. We said fine with two conditions.1] we have to speak with her parents, let them know she is welcome and safe and where she is. 2] This is our home and you are not the only child under this roof. If you're looking for a place to shack up, It's not going to be here. Found out her father was a MD and was moving to Austin, Texas. Aparently she did'nt want to go. Anyway the two of them left. They moved into an apartment with another girl. The MD moved and left her behind, she was 19 yo. Our son would no longer come to our house to visit. They married the next year and moved to Austin, Texas at the MD's expense. Tom got his student loans and went to school {wanted to be a MD like his father in law.] Later that year our other son was killed in the military. We burried Danny in Alabama, near his Grandparents home. I tell folks I lost both my sons, one married and the other died. Anyway Tom partied his way through college while his wife worked as a legal secretary. She supported him totally. The week before his finals she told him she wanted a divorce, and she moved in with "Sancho". Tom called us in Alabama, said he was broke and could'nt pay his rent and finals were next week. We sent him a check to cover every thing. He said after finals he was comming to Alabama, where we were. {Knowing that I had just had a major surgery and was totally dependent on Kathy.] I was diagnosed with Cancer and given two years to live at very best. Tom never showed up. I finally called him on his cell phone, he answered and said he was sleeping in his pickup in western Arizona and was on his way to Nevada. About six months later he calls and wants to borrow money, we sent it. Months later he calls and wants to bring his fiamce' to meet us. He shows up with her. We liked her, she was a country girl. They stayed three days, paid me back the last loan and left. We have not seen them sence. I herd from one of his friends that they married, have two children [have never sent a picture] and has'nt talked to us in five years. He is now a Fireman and lives in Klammath Falls, Oregon. Whats a Parent to do?

Got a younger brother that played the role of the prodigal son in modern times. A bunch of years, a lot of misery, and the third wife, he finally got it. I often thought of that story and was determined not to become the other son.

Tom, more than likely someday you'll put the coat on his back, the ring on his finger and kill the fatted calf and we'll keep praying when you need it.

Larry

3waycross":33r741fw said:
Brute 23":33r741fw said:
peg4x4":33r741fw said:
As you might have heard,Texas will catch fire at a hard look here lately. :shock:
I'm listening to the scanner,and am amazed at the people who think it's fine to set a brushpile in 30 mph winds,never mind the burn ban!! Yesterday some people from Austin decided to hold a bonfire here :devil2:
------ over a gas pipeline :roll: Yeah,somebody turned them in.. People here are reporting the slightest smell of smoke,and the VFD is checking out every report.. There are waaaay too many stupids in Texas... Y'all want them back??

Is that part of Texas? :secret:

My son spent a year in San Antonio working on a power plant and decided to go over to Austin to see what it ws like. He said the only difference between Austin and Boulder Colo was the ALTITUDE the ATITUDE was exactly the same :lol:

Funny, I didn't realize they were so similar but it makes sense. I've never been to either but they're places I'd like to go and think I'd really like. I guess a lot of people on this board wouldn't like me either, esp. being from CA and all :lol2: It's BS if people have judged you and given you attitude based on how you look, what you drive, where you're from etc. but it seems a lot of people get more attitude when they're in their comfort zone on their own "turf" and staring in the face of someone they think or know is different from them. I've certainly gotten the same, it tends to go both ways. My family has lived in this mountain community 3 generations now, but I still get cold stares from people who think I must be an outsider because of how I look, what I drive, wear etc. Like I said, it's BS no matter which direction it goes.

And yeah, there are supreme idiots here just like everywhere it seems. This is a high fire risk area and lighted cigarettes out the window are common place as well as sparking fires with mowers and equipment :bang:

kerley":l5c4hspf said:
hooknline":l5c4hspf said:
I've got a brother that went to some hoity toity art school in detroit. He came back with so much attitude that he won't talk to over half his direct family, including our parents. He's was always a little stand offish, but I can't help but wonder who he's gonna ask for help when the time comes..and everyone has those periods in their lifetime.
I am sorry I brought my personal business to this board. My son was allways a good kid. Very adventuresom but did't have sound judgement. He had graduated from high school and looking into college. He wanted to go to school in Colorado so he could party with the snow birds. It was clear to us that his mind was not on getting an education. So... He brings this young lady to our home{she was a real cutie, well manered, clean and neat]. She was having trouble with her parents and needed shelter till her trouble passed. We said fine with two conditions.1] we have to speak with her parents, let them know she is welcome and safe and where she is. 2] This is our home and you are not the only child under this roof. If you're looking for a place to shack up, It's not going to be here. Found out her father was a MD and was moving to Austin, Texas. Aparently she did'nt want to go. Anyway the two of them left. They moved into an apartment with another girl. The MD moved and left her behind, she was 19 yo. Our son would no longer come to our house to visit. They married the next year and moved to Austin, Texas at the MD's expense. Tom got his student loans and went to school {wanted to be a MD like his father in law.] Later that year our other son was killed in the military. We burried Danny in Alabama, near his Grandparents home. I tell folks I lost both my sons, one married and the other died. Anyway Tom partied his way through college while his wife worked as a legal secretary. She supported him totally. The week before his finals she told him she wanted a divorce, and she moved in with "Sancho". Tom called us in Alabama, said he was broke and could'nt pay his rent and finals were next week. We sent him a check to cover every thing. He said after finals he was comming to Alabama, where we were. {Knowing that I had just had a major surgery and was totally dependent on Kathy.] I was diagnosed with Cancer and given two years to live at very best. Tom never showed up. I finally called him on his cell phone, he answered and said he was sleeping in his pickup in western Arizona and was on his way to Nevada. About six months later he calls and wants to borrow money, we sent it. Months later he calls and wants to bring his fiamce' to meet us. He shows up with her. We liked her, she was a country girl. They stayed three days, paid me back the last loan and left. We have not seen them sence. I herd from one of his friends that they married, have two children [have never sent a picture] and has'nt talked to us in five years. He is now a Fireman and lives in Klammath Falls, Oregon. Whats a Parent to do?

We're in a similar place with sons. All you can do is keep on with your own life, never give up the seed of hope, and as mentioned earlier, keep praying. Also have some faith in yourself and the way you raised your son. There are many things that influence ones' life, and somewhere deep down there is always ones' parents, and I think most people come back to that at some point in their lives. Some later in life than others.

3waycross":1hcskghb said:
Oh...now that's really depressing....
My Sister in Law (the epitomy of moderate) describes Boulder as the
"most intolerant 'tolerant' people she's ever met..."
We won't even drive thru there anymore....We own big pickup truck & SUV....they're very threatening if they see you in their town....

Cottagefarm one of my great joys in life is driving thru Boulder with a CSU sticker on one side of my truck and the NRA and Browning stickers on the other side. I live for the day when one of those martians question me or my lifestyle.[/quote]

Good on ya' 3way. There are days when I'm right there with you! I'm proud of my life and what we try to bring to our little bit of humanity. I just find it's too hard on my blood pressure to argue with idiots very often, so I try to avoid the stress of places like Boulder most of the time. What's even more sad that Old Town Fort Collins is moving in the same direction as Boulder. 8)

Guy was discing Sat,hit a flintrock,sparked a fire.. they got it knocked down quick,only took 2 acres.
We have Firemen from other states here now,to help in this emergency.. Big Thank Youfrom us.. :clap: :) :welcome: :banana: :clap:

peg4x4":363tf665 said:
Guy was discing Sat,hit a flintrock,sparked a fire.. they got it knocked down quick,only took 2 acres.
We have Firemen from other states here now,to help in this emergency.. Big Thank Youfrom us.. :clap: :) :welcome: :banana: :clap:

Still a lot of wonderful people in the world Peg. They just seldom make the headlines and most of them don't ever want ot make the headlines.

Texasbred,
Thank's so much for the PM. I still can't send replies. When I try to send replies I get a red flag informing me that I am sending my PM to too many people?
Tom Kerley

Latest posts