Turning in your neighbor

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
As you might have heard,Texas will catch fire at a hard look here lately. :shock:
I'm listening to the scanner,and am amazed at the people who think it's fine to set a brushpile in 30 mph winds,never mind the burn ban!! Yesterday some people from Austin decided to hold a bonfire here :devil2:
------ over a gas pipeline :roll: Yeah,somebody turned them in.. People here are reporting the slightest smell of smoke,and the VFD is checking out every report.. There are waaaay too many stupids in Texas... Y'all want them back??

I saw a FB post that someone saw a guy chuck his LITE cigarette out the window the other day. the poster said he drove up beside him and pointed at the cigarette and the offender flipped him off! WTH!

peg4x4 said:
As you might have heard,Texas will catch fire at a hard look here lately. :shock:
I'm listening to the scanner,and am amazed at the people who think it's fine to set a brushpile in 30 mph winds,never mind the burn ban!! Yesterday some people from Austin decided to hold a bonfire here :devil2:
------ over a gas pipeline :roll: Yeah,somebody turned them in.. People here are reporting the slightest smell of smoke,and the VFD is checking out every report.. There are waaaay too many stupids in Texas... Y'all want them back??[/quote] naw,, we broke out with em around here already

We will only take them back if you take back the ones we got from you.

There is no shortage of idiots around anymore. And I don't think it matter where you live.

peg4x4":3iu4wdd9 said:
------ over a gas pipeline :roll: Yeah,somebody turned them in.. People here are reporting the slightest smell of smoke,and the VFD is checking out every report.. There are waaaay too many stupids in Texas... Y'all want them back??

Is that part of Texas? :secret:

Brute 23":prn4t4y5 said:
peg4x4":prn4t4y5 said:

My son spent a year in San Antonio working on a power plant and decided to go over to Austin to see what it ws like. He said the only difference between Austin and Boulder Colo was the ALTITUDE the ATITUDE was exactly the same :lol:

Brute 23":2zisxbcf said:
peg4x4":2zisxbcf said:

Hey now.......:)

3waycross":21lys80g said:
Brute 23":21lys80g said:
peg4x4":21lys80g said:

My son spent a year in San Antonio working on a power plant and decided to go over to Austin to see what it ws like. He said the only difference between Austin and Boulder Colo was the ALTITUDE the ATITUDE was exactly the same :lol:

Oh...now that's really depressing....
My Sister in Law (the epitomy of moderate) describes Boulder as the
"most intolerant 'tolerant' people she's ever met..."
We won't even drive thru there anymore....We own big pickup truck & SUV....they're very threatening if they see you in their town....

Kingfisher":17jwgy9e said:
Brute 23":17jwgy9e said:
peg4x4":17jwgy9e said:

Hey now.......:)

It's kind of a seperate republic going on there.

I love Austin. I really do. There's something about visiting the wacko's that appeals to me. Lovely place to visit, wouldn't want to live there. Not unless I had a LOT of money.

I gotta tell you..My son went to and graduated from UTA and came home the biggest ass hoxxx I ever met. We hav'nt spoke for five years. I'm not sure what they taught him?

I've got a brother that went to some hoity toity art school in detroit. He came back with so much attitude that he won't talk to over half his direct family, including our parents. He's was always a little stand offish, but I can't help but wonder who he's gonna ask for help when the time comes..and everyone has those periods in their lifetime.

> There are waaaay too many stupids in Texas... Y'all want them back??

I wish someone had asked that about 50 years ago. Far too many of them in politics from Tx. Texas was the test place. DC is where they were able to perfect their selves. Now none of us can afford anything. I especially enjoyed the Houston Cops at the airport. Inbred with an unknown something with at least four legs.

hooknline":605hmd0m said:
I've got a brother that went to some hoity toity art school in detroit. He came back with so much attitude that he won't talk to over half his direct family, including our parents. He's was always a little stand offish, but I can't help but wonder who he's gonna ask for help when the time comes..and everyone has those periods in their lifetime.
I am sorry I brought my personal business to this board. My son was allways a good kid. Very adventuresom but did't have sound judgement. He had graduated from high school and looking into college. He wanted to go to school in Colorado so he could party with the snow birds. It was clear to us that his mind was not on getting an education. So... He brings this young lady to our home{she was a real cutie, well manered, clean and neat]. She was having trouble with her parents and needed shelter till her trouble passed. We said fine with two conditions.1] we have to speak with her parents, let them know she is welcome and safe and where she is. 2] This is our home and you are not the only child under this roof. If you're looking for a place to shack up, It's not going to be here. Found out her father was a MD and was moving to Austin, Texas. Aparently she did'nt want to go. Anyway the two of them left. They moved into an apartment with another girl. The MD moved and left her behind, she was 19 yo. Our son would no longer come to our house to visit. They married the next year and moved to Austin, Texas at the MD's expense. Tom got his student loans and went to school {wanted to be a MD like his father in law.] Later that year our other son was killed in the military. We burried Danny in Alabama, near his Grandparents home. I tell folks I lost both my sons, one married and the other died. Anyway Tom partied his way through college while his wife worked as a legal secretary. She supported him totally. The week before his finals she told him she wanted a divorce, and she moved in with "Sancho". Tom called us in Alabama, said he was broke and could'nt pay his rent and finals were next week. We sent him a check to cover every thing. He said after finals he was comming to Alabama, where we were. {Knowing that I had just had a major surgery and was totally dependent on Kathy.] I was diagnosed with Cancer and given two years to live at very best. Tom never showed up. I finally called him on his cell phone, he answered and said he was sleeping in his pickup in western Arizona and was on his way to Nevada. About six months later he calls and wants to borrow money, we sent it. Months later he calls and wants to bring his fiamce' to meet us. He shows up with her. We liked her, she was a country girl. They stayed three days, paid me back the last loan and left. We have not seen them sence. I herd from one of his friends that they married, have two children [have never sent a picture] and has'nt talked to us in five years. He is now a Fireman and lives in Klammath Falls, Oregon. Whats a Parent to do?

Hey now.......:)[/quote]

It's kind of a seperate republic going on there.

I love Austin. I really do. There's something about visiting the wacko's that appeals to me. Lovely place to visit, wouldn't want to live there. Not unless I had a LOT of money.[/quote]

It ain't a cheap place to live any more..............

Oh...now that's really depressing....
My Sister in Law (the epitomy of moderate) describes Boulder as the
"most intolerant 'tolerant' people she's ever met..."
We won't even drive thru there anymore....We own big pickup truck & SUV....they're very threatening if they see you in their town....[/quote]

Cottagefarm one of my great joys in life is driving thru Boulder with a CSU sticker on one side of my truck and the NRA and Browning stickers on the other side. I live for the day when one of those martians question me or my lifestyle.

Latest posts