trying to grow some grass and i need some help!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

uscott

Reaction score
I live in Mississippi and I have three pastures that i am trying to improve. (1) One has a lot of summer grasses and weeds that I would like to simply poison and Seed in Bermuda. I know that seeding will not get me the best benefit but i am on a budget. So what i need to know is when is the best time to spray and replant in bermuda. I use certain parts of this pasture for rye planting so i cant use certain poisons.

The second pasture was devastated when Katrina came through and we just recently got all of the fences repaired. Problem is we have willow that have been growing since 05. As stated earlier I am on a budget so I need to get rid of the willows without spending an arm and a leg. other than dozier or cutting each individual tree how do i get rid of them and still be able to grow grass? I also use the back of this pasture for rye planting so i cant use certain poisons.

Any advise would be appreciated.

I have had good luck pulling small trees over with a tractor. I hook the chain about shoulder high.

If the trees are too big to pull over with a tractor, drill a hole in it at a 45 degree angle and fill the hole with Grazon. Might have to do a couple of holes on opposite sides of the tree. It will be dead in a year or less and will either fall over or be easy to push over.

How many willows (is it a thicket or just scattered trees) and what diameter/height?

dun":7y107boz said:
How many willows (is it a thicket or just scattered trees) and what diameter/height?

A bunch grouped in areas and they are probably about 5 to 10 inches in diameter and some are about 20 ft tall

Latest posts