Trumps Mt Rushmore Speech

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buck Randall said:
I think it's always important to start with what we can agree on. For that, I'll say that free and open elections are the cornerstone of democracy. Every legal citizen should have the right to vote, and fortunately, we have that in this country, by law.

Here comes the part that you might object to: We don't have equal opportunity voting in this country. I'll use the city of Milwaukee as an example because I'm quite familiar, but there are many similar cities in this country. This spring, around 18,000 ballots were cast in person in Milwaukee. The average wait at the polls was 90 minutes to 2 hours. I'm not a mathematician, but it's pretty clear that there weren't enough polling places open in Milwaukee to accommodate reasonable voter turnout for a city of 500,000 people. Due to Covid-19, it wasn't even clear which polling places would be staffed prior to the election.

This was a known issue prior to election day. The GOP-controlled Senate refused to offer up any solutions or entertain those proposed by the Democrat governor. Moving the election would be too expensive, they said, and mail-in ballots allow too much fraud.

Here's where we can agree again: Voter fraud is bad.

However, there's no evidence that vote-by-mail increases voter fraud. Some states are already very accommodating of voting by mail, and numerous studies have shown no increase in voter fraud. Even if you wrongly presume that fraud will increase, there is no partisan slant to it. Conservatives and liberals are both equally willing and capable of cheating.

When I see our president (who votes by mail, by the way) claim that mail in voting is crooked, it makes my blood boil. He knows the facts and has access to advanced internal polling data. He doesn't fear the few hundred fraudulent ballots that will potentially be cast. He fears that more convenient voting will increase voter turnout in urban centers, where he is unpopular.

Now, in my opinion, deterring a voter from casting a ballot because it is unreasonably inconvenient is just as bad as a ballot being cast fraudulently. In either case, it is an attempt to subvert the will of the people of this country. It takes me less than 5 minutes to vote in the small town where I live. There's no reason it shouldn't be that way everywhere. If we can't afford to open enough polling places to make that happen, then we need to offer a reasonable alternative.

BLM and the media have rightfully been pointing out this hypocrisy and demanding change. Though some media sources focus only on the mobs in the street, there's much more to BLM.

You will not get two people on this Board to agree on anything. With the exception that cattle prices are too low and that the Packers are evil. :tiphat:

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Lucky said:
Buck Randall said:
Agreed. I'm thankful BLM and the media are standing up to political forces that oppose democracy.

You got my attention. Now Please elaborate on your opinion. You never know you might change my mind on things or at least sway me a little.

Marcellus does a pretty good job summing that bunch of fraudsters up.

Wiley also pointed to concerns over Black Lives Matter's mission statement, which states its goal to "dismantle the patriarchy" and "disrupt the Western prescribed nuclear family structure requirement." Wiley claims people have not taken time to read or understand BLM saying, "I don't know how many people really look into the mission statement of Black Lives Matter, but I did, and when you look at it, there's a couple things that jump out to me."

https://thefederalist.com/2020/07/03/marcellus-wiley-painting-black-lives-matter-on-nba-courts-is-a-bad-idea/
Context is important. Why not get your information straight from the source?
https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=4e16454bad290ac8538be6b34c6f688e91f3b8b1-1593895687-0-AZkPcwbUeqnc05Oo4dqT9a8BsWkAoBLGmTaz9SGz2qmvbKao1PBbybRo0csRshYnWm7DHxeSXfKZnzmSrKuBVcNI4PNbhvG6ticFtAwvXqKRasuosKr6dU_k1K-Mvhsuh4FxkWCAK9GG7xYyX8zp7SSMxVNkqk98Q1u1Gi6wVRYoh9CA-rYVuLLtbXOZj8rUJ2PtHvyKqqnmYZS3gbLO0qAl5QxZVVJocd_MxrG4iUbqde1nygMJ_Ac1iORbKZCnLBoFiqFgSKi--rlo3x9W91-bPbA3bc7HVcqwQEsNQ26tl7JO3PfJ3Hu_aawTAf5qSp_BnE9kIdTi8ddHHw3zWdgqpg2SKupapseZucMV2unV

The group is not about destroying the nuclear family; it's about ending the bias against non-traditional families. Dismantling the patriarchy isn't about harming men, it's about elevating women to equality. Read the whole thing, seriously.

Buck Randall said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Lucky said:
You got my attention. Now Please elaborate on your opinion. You never know you might change my mind on things or at least sway me a little.

Wiley also pointed to concerns over Black Lives Matter's mission statement, which states its goal to "dismantle the patriarchy" and "disrupt the Western prescribed nuclear family structure requirement." Wiley claims people have not taken time to read or understand BLM saying, "I don't know how many people really look into the mission statement of Black Lives Matter, but I did, and when you look at it, there's a couple things that jump out to me."

https://thefederalist.com/2020/07/03/marcellus-wiley-painting-black-lives-matter-on-nba-courts-is-a-bad-idea/
https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=4e16454bad290ac8538be6b34c6f688e91f3b8b1-1593895687-0-AZkPcwbUeqnc05Oo4dqT9a8BsWkAoBLGmTaz9SGz2qmvbKao1PBbybRo0csRshYnWm7DHxeSXfKZnzmSrKuBVcNI4PNbhvG6ticFtAwvXqKRasuosKr6dU_k1K-Mvhsuh4FxkWCAK9GG7xYyX8zp7SSMxVNkqk98Q1u1Gi6wVRYoh9CA-rYVuLLtbXOZj8rUJ2PtHvyKqqnmYZS3gbLO0qAl5QxZVVJocd_MxrG4iUbqde1nygMJ_Ac1iORbKZCnLBoFiqFgSKi--rlo3x9W91-bPbA3bc7HVcqwQEsNQ26tl7JO3PfJ3Hu_aawTAf5qSp_BnE9kIdTi8ddHHw3zWdgqpg2SKupapseZucMV2unV

The group is not about destroying the nuclear family; it's about ending the bias against non-traditional families. Dismantling the patriarchy isn't about harming men, it's about elevating women to equality. Read the whole thing, seriously.

So you and the lawyer support BLM. I do not. I'd say brother Marcellus is more spot on in his assessment than you are. Who has been funding BLM? Thin Soros and his ilk play a role?

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Buck Randall said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

So you and the lawyer support BLM. I do not. I'd say brother Marcellus is more spot on in his assessment than you are. Who has been funding BLM? Thin Soros and his ilk play a role?
Even if he is, what's wrong with that? Soros is an American who is free to spend his money however he wants, just like the wealthy Republican donors.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
I don't consider Soros an American citizen first and foremost. He was not born in the USA nor were his parents.

Well, that's not a citizenship requirement, nor does he need your approval. He's an American citizen.

I was teenager during the fifties. I can still see the colored water fountains and the white fountains in the basement of the court house in Quitman Texas. Also colored rest rooms and white rest rooms. A colored 4-h club and a white 4-h club. I really wondered what the colored 4-h members had songs they sang. Us white 4-h club members had some racist songs. So yes I have seen the racism in my lifetime. After I was grown and had my own diary I was at a service station in Quitman Texas and talking to a black older dairyman by the name of Dewitt Roden. A young deaf mute came by selling key chains for 50 cents, Dewitt fished out fifty cents and bought himself one. I waved the young man off. Dewitt said to me why, I said I do not know if he was a deaf mute or not. Dewitt said to me you missed a chance to do a good deed and it would only have cost you fifty cents. Also that deed would have been recorded by the Lord. And if the young man was a scammer then that is on him and not you. It is what in your heart that counts. Lesson learned for me. Dewitt was a friend of my father and they went back a long ways.

Mod2 said:
Hurley your not the moderator, so stop trying to be.
You can state your opinion, I will moderate!

If you hired out to be a moderator then do it our hang up your title. This post has been political from the start.

hurleyjd said:
Mod2 said:
Hurley your not the moderator, so stop trying to be.
You can state your opinion, I will moderate!

If you hired out to be a moderator then do it our hang up your title. This post has been political from the start.

Moderator job done.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Buck Randall said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
I don't consider Soros an American citizen first and foremost. He was not born in the USA nor were his parents.

Well, that's not a citizenship requirement, nor does he need your approval. He's an American citizen.

Dual citizen.

Correct, and a person who goes through the effort of earning American citizenship should be respected as a citizen.

The speech and the flyover was spectacular this evening. Didn't see the pres look at notes during the time he was speaking. Don't think sleepy joe could have done anything close to what our pres did this evening.

Look at the mobs blocking roads and highways, rioting in the streets, and destroying property. Then look at the 4th presentation at Mr. Rushmore and the speech and flyover in DC this evening. Which do you like better?

Too much anti-American going on today. Hard to believe that some folks think that rioting in the street is better than how the potus is trying to lead this country.

FLOTUS wasn't born in the US either, she should be disqualified from being in that position :hide:

If you start having different "classes" of citizens, that's a dang slippery slope.. Ask the Japanese americans from the 1940's

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Buck Randall said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
This goes way beyond our 2 major political parties. There is a movement underway to upend our entire democratic republic. It's time to stand up for our country.

Agreed. I'm thankful BLM and the media are standing up to political forces that oppose democracy.

Dumbest thing an educated man ever said.
really sad that someone thinks he is educated, sorry but he is truly the biggest dope that has ever been on this board, and Hurley brings up on his arse, your just big dorks that need to get a trophy for waking up, truth is you couldn't run water.

Big buck your so smart and obviously black lives matter in your book, why wouldn't a country like Africa even accept people like you or the BLM groups, truth is they wouldn't, but we have to deal with idiot's in this country that no other countries would, pull up your boot straps and all your followers, and go to a country that is better, fackt is we are the youngest nation and we have made mistakes, but we are still the best, no one else has a problem with people trying to get into their country like we do, so what is it, mob rules, like the idiot's your proud of, since them retards don't have a clue, why aren't your BLM representatives running for positions in this country that could have more power than looting and oh yeah you're peaceful protesters in Seattle, just a joke.👍

Now let's talk about Russian Bounties on American Troops. You guys probably aren't aware of that since it is not on Fox News or OAN (the future Trump Network to be financed by the Russians).

TennesseeTuxedo said:
sstterry said:
Now let's talk about Russian Bounties on American Troops. You guys probably aren't aware of that since it is not on Fox News or OAN (the future Trump Network to be financed by the Russians).

You advocating war with Russia now?

I am advocating not being a coward and to stop kneeling down to Trump's idol and leader Vladamir Putin.

sstterry said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
sstterry said:

You advocating war with Russia now?

I am advocating not being a coward and to stop kneeling down to Trump's idol and leader Vladamir Putin.

Sounds like another Russia hoax. Can we wake Mueller up to investigate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts