Trumps Mt Rushmore Speech

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky

Reaction score
Well what did everyone think? I'm thinking it was one of the best speeches I've heard from a POTUS. The only one that might top it was his inauguration speech. I'd venture to say if you didn't agree with what he said you might rethink where you are at in life. I don't blindly support Trump either. He definitely says things I wish he wouldn't say (things that need to be said but might not get him reelected). He was on point tonight and said what needed to be said during these crazy times.

I missed it. The sun had gone behind the hill but I still had an hour and a half of daylight without the sun frying my half wit brain. So it was sit and watch the tube or do something.

I agree Lucky. He drew a line in the sand. You either stand for law and order and preservation of freedom and the American way or you stand with the anarchists out to tear down the greatest nation God ever gave mankind.

I think we are literally in a fight for America from forces outside and within! The corruption of both parties is staggering to me. Trump has truly exposed the career politicians.
We can live through two terms of any president, the enemy from within is congress. We need to put 535 of them on trail for treason IMO.

Dave said:
I missed it. The sun had gone behind the hill but I still had an hour and a half of daylight without the sun frying my half wit brain. So it was sit and watch the tube or do something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZm-clyytjc

"Rather than looking to the past to help improve our future, some are trying to wipe away the lessons of history. Lessons we should be teaching to our children and to our grandchildren.

This approach focuses exclusively on our forefather's flaws but it fails to capitalize on the opportunities to learn from their virtues.

Make no mistake, this is being done deliberately to discredit America's founding principles by discrediting the individuals who formed them so that America can be remade into a different political image." - Kristi Noem, South Dakota Governor

I've always told my son, nephews, and now my grandkids that in this country you can be anything you want to be and there's only one person that can stop you. I think Trump relayed that in his mssg last night. I heard Marcus Luttrel say "people think money grows on trees in America, well it does but picking it is hard work". If we truly treat people so bad and are oppressive why are folks of every race dying to get here. The Military is made up of every race fighting to keep America free. The press will say his speech was racist and hate filled, yet he called Muhamed Alli who is a a black muslim an American hero. Trump and 99% of Americans are not racist. It's the knuckleheads tearing things apart that are racist. This has gone on long enough and needs to stop.

hurleyjd said:
I have been guilty but trying to reform. Malcom Gravelee rules for the forum.

https://cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=39359

This goes way beyond our 2 major political parties. There is a movement underway to upend our entire democratic republic. It's time to stand up for our country.

hurleyjd said:

I figured you'd be along pretty quick. Wasn't talking politics just about what it means to be an American. I don't care what your views are or what color you are. If these protesters and BLM members truly wanted change they would get into local politics, policing, and community centers. Who's stopping them? Instead they want to break the law act like hooligans and cry when stopped. If they keep it up much longer they are going to get the fight they THINK they want, that's not going to be good for anyone especially them. Shaq wanted change so he got involved with his community and police force. Kaepernick wanted change so he kneeled and caused chaos, he didn't get involved in anything positive. I promise you Shaq had a less privileged upbringing than Kaepernick.

Buck Randall said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
hurleyjd said:

This goes way beyond our 2 major political parties. There is a movement underway to upend our entire democratic republic. It's time to stand up for our country.

Agreed. I'm thankful BLM and the media are standing up to political forces that oppose democracy.

Dumbest thing an educated man ever said.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Buck Randall said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

Agreed. I'm thankful BLM and the media are standing up to political forces that oppose democracy.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, as is everyone else. We are in agreement that our democracy is under attack.

Buck Randall said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Buck Randall said:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, as is everyone else. We are in agreement that our democracy is under attack.

Yes and we will squelch her this uprising as we have previous attempts from the left to destroy America.

I wish that Trump would back off the bill that will allow the feds to buy more land. Like a lady said, they cannot manage what they already have.

Nationalism leads to fascism and fascism leads to dictatorship. Better be careful to where we are heading. There is not any country in the world that can come to America aid as America did during World War 2.

Buck Randall said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
hurleyjd said:

You got my attention. Now Please elaborate on your opinion. You never know you might change my mind on things or at least sway me a little.

Hurley your not the moderator, so stop trying to be.
You can state your opinion, I will moderate!

To HDRider.....great point.......Question..to all.......Whatever has happened to basic Civics courses in high school???? And where the h... has common sense gone..???

Lucky said:
Buck Randall said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

You got my attention. Now Please elaborate on your opinion. You never know you might change my mind on things or at least sway me a little.

Marcellus does a pretty good job summing that bunch of fraudsters up.

Wiley also pointed to concerns over Black Lives Matter's mission statement, which states its goal to "dismantle the patriarchy" and "disrupt the Western prescribed nuclear family structure requirement." Wiley claims people have not taken time to read or understand BLM saying, "I don't know how many people really look into the mission statement of Black Lives Matter, but I did, and when you look at it, there's a couple things that jump out to me."

https://thefederalist.com/2020/07/03/marcellus-wiley-painting-black-lives-matter-on-nba-courts-is-a-bad-idea/

Lucky said:
Buck Randall said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

I think it's always important to start with what we can agree on. For that, I'll say that free and open elections are the cornerstone of democracy. Every legal citizen should have the right to vote, and fortunately, we have that in this country, by law.

Here comes the part that you might object to: We don't have equal opportunity voting in this country. I'll use the city of Milwaukee as an example because I'm quite familiar, but there are many similar cities in this country. This spring, around 18,000 ballots were cast in person in Milwaukee. The average wait at the polls was 90 minutes to 2 hours. I'm not a mathematician, but it's pretty clear that there weren't enough polling places open in Milwaukee to accommodate reasonable voter turnout for a city of 500,000 people. Due to Covid-19, it wasn't even clear which polling places would be staffed prior to the election.

This was a known issue prior to election day. The GOP-controlled Senate refused to offer up any solutions or entertain those proposed by the Democrat governor. Moving the election would be too expensive, they said, and mail-in ballots allow too much fraud.

Here's where we can agree again: Voter fraud is bad.

However, there's no evidence that vote-by-mail increases voter fraud. Some states are already very accommodating of voting by mail, and numerous studies have shown no increase in voter fraud. Even if you wrongly presume that fraud will increase, there is no partisan slant to it. Conservatives and liberals are both equally willing and capable of cheating.

When I see our president (who votes by mail, by the way) claim that mail in voting is crooked, it makes my blood boil. He knows the facts and has access to advanced internal polling data. He doesn't fear the few hundred fraudulent ballots that will potentially be cast. He fears that more convenient voting will increase voter turnout in urban centers, where he is unpopular.

Now, in my opinion, deterring a voter from casting a ballot because it is unreasonably inconvenient is just as bad as a ballot being cast fraudulently. In either case, it is an attempt to subvert the will of the people of this country. It takes me less than 5 minutes to vote in the small town where I live. There's no reason it shouldn't be that way everywhere. If we can't afford to open enough polling places to make that happen, then we need to offer a reasonable alternative.

BLM and the media have rightfully been pointing out this hypocrisy and demanding change. Though some media sources focus only on the mobs in the street, there's much more to BLM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts