True Love Story

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Amid all the gloom & doom, nasty politics, mass shootings & racial/religious tension . . . . my parents just celebrated their 61st anniversary. They started dating when my mother was 13 & my father was 19 (before that was considered a crime), married at 17 & 23. My mother was an only child from a wealthy family; Dad was 1 of 9 kids & dirt poor (as in, outhouse, no indoor plumbing). When they retired she was Advisory Account Systems Engineer at IBM & he was a truck driver. Polar opposites from the beginning and yet it somehow has always worked. They do everything together, they're best friends, still hold hands when they walk. My brother & I had an amazing childhood & are truly blessed!

What's your love story?

TCRanch":1khm8yrr said:
What's your love story?

I met my wife on the first night of a trail ride in February 1988. I proposed to her 6 days later, she accepted right away, and we got married a few weeks later on May 7. Twenty-eight years and two children later we're still hanging in there.

TCRanch":xa29arjr said:
Amid all the gloom & doom, nasty politics, mass shootings & racial/religious tension . . . . my parents just celebrated their 61st anniversary. They started dating when my mother was 13 & my father was 19 (before that was considered a crime), married at 17 & 23. My mother was an only child from a wealthy family; Dad was 1 of 9 kids & dirt poor (as in, outhouse, no indoor plumbing). When they retired she was Advisory Account Systems Engineer at IBM & he was a truck driver. Polar opposites from the beginning and yet it somehow has always worked. They do everything together, they're best friends, still hold hands when they walk. My brother & I had an amazing childhood & are truly blessed!

What's your love story?
Congratulations to your mom and dad. Sounds like a marriage made in heaven. My in-laws just celebrated their 65th I believe it was.....He's 90 an dshe's 86. He still opens the door for her on her side of the car and they too hold hands and are truly in love. Just don't see much of that anymore. YOU are blessed as well. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rafter S":33sudptk said:
TCRanch":33sudptk said:
What's your love story?

I met my wife on the first night of a trail ride in February 1988. I proposed to her 6 days later, she accepted right away, and we got married a few weeks later on May 7. Twenty-eight years and two children later we're still hanging in there.
Good move. No need wasting all that time and money on a long courtship. :lol: :lol:

TexasBred":mv55jr7x said:
Rafter S":mv55jr7x said:
TCRanch":mv55jr7x said:
What's your love story?

Good move. No need wasting all that time and money on a long courtship. :lol: :lol:

Yep. Years later my father said that that was the only decision either one of us ever made in a hurry.

Wonderful stories. So good to read about lasting marriages. My husband and I will celebrate our 45th anniversary on December 18.

Rafter S":1gmzbr4h said:
TCRanch":1gmzbr4h said:
What's your love story?

Meant to be! That's wonderful. My husband & I started dating a week after we met at work but didn't get married for another 9 years.

Nesikep":2qci7wz7 said:
Congrats to all of you!.. You don't want to hear any of my stories here though

Come on Nesikep it couldn't be all that bad, your still alive. I know marrying for money isn't worth the trouble, and you can get married in August and be divorced by October.

True Grit Farms":rij79gg7 said:
Nesikep":rij79gg7 said:

Come on Nesikep it couldn't be all that bad, your still alive. I know marrying for money isn't worth the trouble, and you can get married in August and be divorced by October.

That's if you're lucky :p
In all seriousness, it would be nice to have a partner to open up to, talk about troubles at the end of the day, etc.

Nesikep":9gc8xbcs said:
True Grit Farms":9gc8xbcs said:
Nesikep":9gc8xbcs said:

In all seriousness, it would be nice to have a partner to open up to, talk about troubles at the end of the day, etc.
Nesi I bet a lovely wife would love being married to you and living in that beautiful country where you live.

Nesikep":1m0s2zu5 said:
True Grit Farms":1m0s2zu5 said:
Nesikep":1m0s2zu5 said:

It'll happen when you least expect it!

Latest posts