I would love to see the inside of this ranchouse and hear the story it knows

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
I've been looking for property farther West and came accross this one. Out of both my price range for my age and more ac than I want anyway but I found the paradoxes it shows to be intriguing. Built in 1904 and on 160 acres.
It obviously has seen a 'bit of weather' and looks like something Gus McRae would be sitting in front of, with it's broke down porch, an ancient chimney ..........(the paradox) ......But, it has a big ol window AC stuck in the wall and a security flood light in the back.

This morning, we're in Gatesville and headed to San Saba, Lometa and then to Lampasas in a few minutes.

Last edited:
On a million dollar listing I would not even count that as a house. More like a broke down old shed. They are right when they say it needs repair.

Last edited:
On a million dollar listing I would not even count that as a house. More like a broke down old shed. They are right when they say it needs repair. It needs a match.
Lots of people would say the same thing about many of the chain saws you've brought back to life.

Lots of people would say the same thing about many of the chain saws you've brought back to life.
A many of them should have been parted out. I can't stand not fixing something. I could see fixing that house, but the cost of material and the end result it might be throwing good money after bad. It does have nice chimneys and most of the roof is intact so the inside might be better than the outside. A lot of houses around here like that and the sad part is they are still inhibited. Also the story behind it might make the house. Nice post, thanks.

Last edited:
Story might be something akin to Jenny from Forrest Gump.
may well be.

Ford had yet to build the 1st Model t when that ranch house was built and WW1 was still 10 years in the future while Teddy Roosevelt had ridden up San Juan Hill just 8 years previous..

I've been looking for property farther West and came accross this one. Out of both my price range for my age and more ac than I want anyway but I found the paradoxes it shows to be intriguing. Built in 1904 and on 160 acres.
It obviously has seen a 'bit of weather' and looks like something Gus McRae would be sitting in front of, with it's broke down porch, an ancient chimney ..........(the paradox) ......But, it has a big ol window AC stuck in the wall and a security flood light in the back.

This morning, we're in Gatesville and headed to San Saba, Lometa and then to Lampasas in a few minutes.

I don't know how I'm ever going to get over you being in the neighborhood without looking me up.

It's the mask thing isn't it......

Get some brisket at the beer store in lometa....thank me later

I don't know how I'm ever going to get over you being in the neighborhood without looking me up.

It's the mask thing isn't it......

Get some brisket at the beer store in lometa....thank me later

Long story of a personal nature, but this trip is not one I really wanted to make. One of those husband/wife things.. I knew we were going to be short on time when we left home and already spent a day more than I intended to. I saw Florence on the map, but because we had visited my wife's family In Paris Tx first, we came in via Waco & Gatesville. Had appointments to keep with real estate agents.
Ate at Country Kitchen in Lampasas and it was pretty dang good.
We were in Mason yesterday. (saw the burned down courthouse that happened Thursday night, still a wisp of smoke coming out)
I really wanted to head back home last night but I didn't want to tangle with the deer between Brady and Llano on 71 at night.
BTDT years ago.

Latest posts