Tractor problem help

Help Support CattleToday:

JHH

Reaction score
Just got my new TD5050 home ( new to me) and it runs for about 1 1/2 hrs then dies like out of fuel. I can see fuel in clear fuel filter so I don't think its out of fuel. I can also see fuel in tank. I can pour 5 gal in it and prime the fuel filter and it starts. Looks like lots of algie or something in filter . any Ideas?

If its algae drain, clean and put in bio shock. You could have something in the tank that gets pulled over the outlet. It could have suction lines collapsing or it very rare but could have a return line restricted. Could also have pump problems.

If bio-deisel was used in it before it surely could be algae, thus this may be plugging things up. Maybe drain out old fuel, flush the tank a few times with new stuff, and put new filters on. If it solves it great a cheap fix if not, your not out much and you can look further, fuel pump ect. We had trouble with algae growing in our fuel barrel because of bio diesel sitting over winter, like jed mentioned, a bio-cide additive will help prevent it in the future.
Jenna

My Dad's tractor was doing this. He had left the fuel cap off one time and grass got in the tank. What a pain. Cleaning the fuel filter didn't do it. Had to clean the lines. You could see the grass in there.

Figured it out . It has algie or something in it. I was mowing today and I could take off filter. blow thru it and put back on and it starts. So drained fuel tank and rinsed out with gas. then drained that and put in clean road diesel. runs ok now. run it for 4 hrs today no problems,

Wonder why it got algae? Did the fuel sit for a while, or come from an infected tank?

Tractor was setting at dealership for a yr before they sold it. I bought it and have had a few little problems. Bad part is its under warranty and I have to work on it if I need it because they are 3 weeks behind.

HDRider":3qfl5zt9 said:
Wonder why it got algae? Did the fuel sit for a while, or come from an infected tank?

With time you will get some sort of diesel scum algae. I run biocides in my stuff fairly regular. Algae can come from the bulk tanks or from near about anywhere.

HDRider":2dpt25a6 said:
BioDiesel.....

Clogging of the arteries....to much french fry oil. :)

Latest posts