Tractor Prices

Help Support CattleToday:

MudHog

Reaction score
Tractor prices got me :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I've outgrown my grandfather's L4310 and I've started looking at tractors. I first started looking at used, but then got some new prices. Used is roughly 60%-65% of new which I'd be better off going new with a warranty. Mahindra is ungodly cheap, but people I've talked to didn't have much good to say. Most everyone talked about the Mahindra warranty coverage being iffy. Resell was another downfall, but this tractor purchase would hopefully be my last purchase so I'm not worried about resell.

Currently, looking at the Kubota M7060 MFWD loader 12spd at $37,868. I looked at the M6060, but I like the larger tires that come with the M7060. This is also the last model before Kubota starts with DEF in their tractors.

MTZ May be worth a look in the cheaper range, If they are around. Landini is another. Def above mahindra.

As for used, deals are out there if you wait one out, or don't mind shipping a tractor in.

MudHog":1hdclhcp said:
Tractor prices got me :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I've outgrown my grandfather's L4310 and I've started looking at tractors. I first started looking at used, but then got some new prices. Used is roughly 60%-65% of new which I'd be better off going new with a warranty. Mahindra is ungodly cheap, but people I've talked to didn't have much good to say. Most everyone talked about the Mahindra warranty coverage being iffy. Resell was another downfall, but this tractor purchase would hopefully be my last purchase so I'm not worried about resell.

Currently, looking at the Kubota M7060 MFWD loader 12spd at $37,868. I looked at the M6060, but I like the larger tires that come with the M7060. This is also the last model before Kubota starts with DEF in their tractors.
I owned a Mahindra for quite afew years. Never had one problem with it. Heavy, good strong hydraulics and dependable. Rode a bit rough but otherwise did me a very good job.

Supa Dexta":2cdn3v89 said:
MTZ May be worth a look in the cheaper range, If they are around. Landini is another. Def above mahindra.

As for used, deals are out there if you wait one out, or don't mind shipping a tractor in.

Haven't heard those brands here, but I did price an LS brand. It priced out higher than Mahindra, but only $4,368 lower than the Kubota.

All MFWD loader and open station

Mahindra 5570 - $29,750
Kubota M7060 - $37,868
LS XU6168 - $33,500
John Deere 5055E - $36,017

Wait til January or February and start shopping.

Very few tractors will get sold for tax write-offs this fall, and folks will be more likely to deal in that timeframe.

cfpinz":1li32m8f said:
Wait til January or February and start shopping.

Very few tractors will get sold for tax write-offs this fall, and folks will be more likely to deal in that timeframe.

CF,

Don't know how tractors are but I was told by a car salesman the best time to deal is at the end of the year and at the end of the month. May be totally different than tractors though. :2cents:

OldCrow

MudHog":2t2jngw4 said:
Supa Dexta":2t2jngw4 said:

Haven't heard those brands here, but I did price an LS brand. It priced out higher than Mahindra, but only $4,368 lower than the Kubota.

Mahindra 5570 - $29,750
Kubota M7060 - $37,868
LS XU6168 - $33,500

Based on what you have there I would go John Deere or Kubota. The Mahindra dealer near me keeps very little on the shelf and has to accumulate orders, unless you want to pay shipping, before submitting order on a stock order. No LS dealers close enough for me or enough in use around my area. I know of one around 80HP and it hasn't been used much yet. Owner does like it. Only complaint was him saying the pto driveline had more noise than he wanted. I wonder how many tractors of any brand will have the service life of the older tractors.

I would select the JD/Kubota based on the following and in order, Feedback on models, Dealer Service, Dealer Location, and parts system. By far and large out of the 3 big Manufacturers I've dealt with John Deere has the best parts system and shipping if you have to order machine down parts.

True Grit Farms":3ecrgnhc said:
Kubota was priced the same as Mahindra here in Georgia. My neighbor bought a new 7060 Kubota with loader for $32,500.
They were either giving away the Kubota and trying to rob you on the Mahindra.

True Grit Farms":aot0vc05 said:
Kubota was priced the same as Mahindra here in Georgia. My neighbor bought a new 7060 Kubota with loader for $32,500.

Do you know if was 8spd or 12spd?

The one at my local dealer has the optional 12spd which I like that feature. It also has the 540E which is optional, but I'll probably never use such an option. The 6060 doesn't have the 12spd option which sucks.

OldCrow":2dildgoo said:
MudHog":2dildgoo said:
Supa Dexta":2dildgoo said:

Mahindra 5570 - $29,750
Kubota M7060 - $37,868
LS XU6168 - $33,500

Based on what you have there I would go John Deere or Kubota. The Mahindra dealer near me keeps very little on the shelf and has to accumulate orders, unless you want to pay shipping, before submitting order on a stock order. No LS dealers close enough for me or enough in use around my area. I know of one around 80HP and it hasn't been used much yet. Owner does like it. Only complaint was him saying the pto driveline had more noise than he wanted. I wonder how many tractors of any brand will have the service life of the older tractors.

I would select the JD/Kubota based on the following and in order, Feedback on models, Dealer Service, Dealer Location, and parts system. By far and large out of the 3 big Manufacturers I've dealt with John Deere has the best parts system and shipping if you have to order machine down parts.

I'm not a JD person, but the list shows just how expensive Green paint it. I can get a 70hp Kubota for the price of a 55hp JD. The owner of the Kubota dealership has one of his M95XX cab MFWD loader up for sale. 38XX hours and I think they are asking $38k for it. I think that is high for a 38XX hour machine and a 95hp tractor is just to big and to great of an expense to repair down the road for me.

I wouldn't be afraid of a Mahindra, they are not full of electronics and are dependable. I guess it depends on how close a dealer is for back up and basic parts. They are easy to service yourself. I have a Mahindra pickup for about 4 years now and it is a very good economical farm truck with no problems.

Ken

MudHog":me1stop3 said:
True Grit Farms":me1stop3 said:

The one at my local dealer has the optional 12spd which I like that feature. It also has the 540E which is optional, but I'll probably never use such an option. The 6060 doesn't have the 12spd option which sucks.

It's definitely an 8 speed and no 540E but it has cast rear wheels. I have a 9960 and the only option I didn't get was the 540E option, and it was a screw up on my part. Grinding feed, spreading fertilizer, mowing and running a rotor tiller would be nice at 1400 rpm.

MudHog":241ika8n said:
I'm not a JD person, but the list shows just how expensive Green paint it. I can get a 70hp Kubota for the price of a 55hp JD. The owner of the Kubota dealership has one of his M95XX cab MFWD loader up for sale. 38XX hours and I think they are asking $38k for it. I think that is high for a 38XX hour machine and a 95hp tractor is just to big and to great of an expense to repair down the road for me.

I rescind my opinion, I didn't pay attention to the HP difference. I can't say which one I would choose as it goes against my green nature but it would be the other tractor, sadly. :(

John Deere is slipping greatly in the small tractor market and Kubota is lapping it up. You can ask more for a product when it is better, but no one is convinced John Deere is better than Kubota in the utility line. If John Deere doesn't get some people up top who understand agriculture, not just profits, and what made John Deere in a few years Kubota will be knocking on John Deere's Row Crop door and the big wigs up top will be wondering how did it happened. Case IH will be saying the same thing.

Kubota to me is growing at the right pace and if they can keep themselves from outkicking there coverage We may be looking at a sad situation of Orange being the new Green standard.

wbvs58":j8huoh0u said:
I wouldn't be afraid of a Mahindra, they are not full of electronics and are dependable. I guess it depends on how close a dealer is for back up and basic parts. They are easy to service yourself. I have a Mahindra pickup for about 4 years now and it is a very good economical farm truck with no problems.

Ken

I wouldn't be either Ken. Parts, service, and resale are my only problem around here. With the new facility in TN and their expansion into the U.S. these issues will get better with time.

TexasBred":2jm5tra5 said:
True Grit Farms":2jm5tra5 said:
They were either giving away the Kubota and trying to rob you on the Mahindra.

I shopped around because I really liked the Mahindra tractors. The smaller Mahindra tractors were considerably cheaper than most other brands. But the 100 hp models were the same or a little more. The local Mahindra dealer is supposed to be a friend, but I'm fully aware how that special friend price works.

True Grit Farms":2r5dg388 said:
MudHog":2r5dg388 said:
True Grit Farms":2r5dg388 said:

It's definitely an 8 speed and no 540E but it has cast rear wheels. I have a 9960 and the only option I didn't get was the 540E option, and it was a screw up on my part. Grinding feed, spreading fertilizer, mowing and running a rotor tiller would be nice at 1400 rpm.

In that regards, the 540E may turn out the be a well suited option then.

MudHog":2i4jmfgd said:
True Grit Farms":2i4jmfgd said:
MudHog":2i4jmfgd said:

In that regards, the 540E may turn out the be a well suited option then.

Just trying to pass a couple of things on. And another I forgot is a square baler you don't need 70 or a 100 hp pto. Slow the RPM down and save fuel and wear and tear.

Another good point. I liked the 12spd option of the M7060 for square baling which I do now with an L4310. I always found my ground speed wasn't where I wanted to be and always had to go slower than I wanted. Although I started using round bales and plan to buy my hay going forward, I do still plan to square bale to sell to some people in the area. One of those things of square balers are becoming few and far apart.

Latest posts