Toyota Dually

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I know a lot of yall don't like Toyota but I tell ya what my Tacoma takes a beating from me and never any issues and im hard on a truck. HD rider has me thinking about that Toyota dually truck. If they ever start selling them would any of yall buy one? I would buy 1 a few years after they worked most of the kinks out. I like the way they look and the fact it has Toyota quality im sure.

https://www.google.com/search?q=toyota+ ... B788%3B460

About 15 yrs ago I had Toyota dually flatbed and man that thing would beat you to death! Not nearly the hauling capacity of a normal dually either. I'm sure these new ones are much better.

I like it! I would buy one in a heart beat if I had that kind of money! :nod:
Do you know off hand what kind of price they have on them?

Are they talking about making them again? Back when the San Antonio plant was being built, they were talking about it. They even had a building that from what I was told was designated for the 1 ton production. I was in and out of that plant for a year or better. Count me in for the Toyota in a 1 ton, gas or diesel would be interesting.

branguscowgirl":2thdj6wr said:
I like it! I would buy one in a heart beat if I had that kind of money! :nod:
Do you know off hand what kind of price they have on them?

From everything I have read it started as a concept truck but was supposed to be released for sale in 2014 that being said I haven't found a price anywhere but I imagine it would be comparable to the ford and chevy duallys if not a lil more probably... I do like this make up

Introduced at the 2007 SEMA Show, this gigantic Tundra is one possible rendition of a Heavy Duty Toyota pickup. This beast of a truck is based on a CrewMax cab with lengthened frame and 6.5-foot bed. The 8.0-liter diesel engine was sourced from Toyota's affiliate Hino. The JO8E-TB Medium Duty 6 cylinder Turbo Diesel engine normally resides in Hino's 35,000 lb trucks. Power is transferred through an Eaton five-speed manual transmission to a Hino rear end with Meritor axles. The engineers at Toyota Motorsports Technical Group are responsible for altering the Tundra to handle the driveline change.

saltbranch":2sgn04eb said:
Are they talking about making them again? Back when the San Antonio plant was being built, they were talking about it. They even had a building that from what I was told was designated for the 1 ton production. I was in and out of that plant for a year or better. Count me in for the Toyota in a 1 ton, gas or diesel would be interesting.

They are supposed to not sure when but this is the year they said. If they do they may give ford chevy dodge a run for their money if they are built like their other trucks.

Back when they were building the SA Plant I was running trucks. I was hauling structural pieces in to build the warehouse/production facilities. One of the Toyota guys, pointed to one saying that was where the new one ton was going to be built. He said it was not official, but that was the plan. Sadly never came about.
If they ever did put one on the market, I would look at them. I am not brand loyal like some though.Toyota and Isuzu both offer some interesting vehicles abroad.

I wouldn't say im brand loyal because all my business trucks are fords and I have 1 Toyota which I use to hunt with.

saltbranch":syal7kna said:
This is one Yota I would buy. I might have call it moms new family car since I just my new F-250, I'd take chewing, but I would a yota.
http://www.toyota.com.au/landcruiser-70 ... Mate_Specs

Now I would love to have that it would be one nice durable farm truck but my wife wouldn't drive it so I couldn't say I bought it for her lol I would like to have one with the snorkel kit.

saltbranch":34euslg7 said:
This is one Yota I would buy. I might have call it moms new family car since I just my new F-250, I'd take chewing, but I would a yota.

I just text my wife a pic of that truck told her im going tomorrow to see about trading her truck in for that one tomorrow... lets just say 30 seconds later I got a call and she said in some not so nice words no your not. :lol:

skyhightree1":39wkq0c6 said:
saltbranch":39wkq0c6 said:

I just text my wife a pic of that truck told her im going tomorrow to see about trading her truck in for that one tomorrow... lets just say 30 seconds later I got a call and she said in some not so nice words no your not. :lol:

ROFLMAO :clap: :cowboy: :cowboy:

lol I really hope Toyota releases that truck this year. I personally do not have a major need for one its more of a want. I would only use it to haul cattle probably I typically sell 2.5 hours away. The one thing I am really curious about the Toyota is leg and head room.

The Toyota Landcruiser would be the mainstay farm vehicle in Australia and has been since at least the early 1970's, especially on the larger more extensive spreads. They are very tough and have earned their reputation of reliability. We don't do the same amount of towing as you guys do, most of our hauling is on trucks however the Landcruiser will drive straight out of the paddock onto the road and a couple of hours into town in a reasonable amount of comfort and each vehicle will last a long time.
Ken

I would be very interested in one of those.. but the killer on the deal is the price. Those toyotas are fine machines, but they know it too.

Limomike":fuxs1n80 said:
I would be very interested in one of those.. but the killer on the deal is the price. Those toyotas are fine machines, but they know it too.

Have you priced a Ford 150 lately?

Latest posts