Toyota Landcruiser trucks

Help Support CattleToday:

Why doesn't Toyota make any diesels for the north american market?

We have an old 1980 Land cruiser diesel, simple and indestructible (well, except for rust)

Nesikep said:

We have an old 1980 Land cruiser diesel, simple and indestructible (well, except for rust)

I knew a fella back in high school(late 80's)that had 4WD Toyota diesel. I have not seen one since.

Nesikep said:
Here's our clunker https://photos.app.goo.gl/bQrECtmHsyCeJA3S9
That'd be a 60 series Nesi??? The grill does look a bit different. Does it have leaf springs front and rear?

Landcruisers are the number one vehicle on outback properties here, both the station wagon for the family and the 1 ton ute for around the property. They cop unbelievable punishment on our outback roads. I suspect they would not be game to enter the big V8 pickup market in the US. You guys seem to want to tow big loads with your vehicles and while the Landcruiser is a very capable tow vehicle that is not what they are designed for, their V8's are pretty tame compared to your monstrosities.

Ken

You can get the Landcruiser station wagon/SUV vehicles here but not the trucks. We can get the Toyota Tundra and Tacoma trucks, but not a Hilux or a Landcruiser truck. I do not understand.

Nesikep said:

They do! They're called Hino's! 🤣

Made in Williamsburg, WV

BigBear56 said:
Nesikep said:

They do! They're called Hino's! 🤣

Made in Williamsburg, WV
if you're looking for a heavy 1 ton kinda deal the Mitsubishi Fuso comes in Diesel 4wd.. buddy has one, good truck!

wbvs58 said:
Nesikep said:
Here's our clunker https://photos.app.goo.gl/bQrECtmHsyCeJA3S9
That'd be a 60 series Nesi??? The grill does look a bit different. Does it have leaf springs front and rear?

Landcruisers are the number one vehicle on outback properties here, both the station wagon for the family and the 1 ton ute for around the property. They cop unbelievable punishment on our outback roads. I suspect they would not be game to enter the big V8 pickup market in the US. You guys seem to want to tow big loads with your vehicles and while the Landcruiser is a very capable tow vehicle that is not what they are designed for, their V8's are pretty tame compared to your monstrosities.

Ken
yup, leaf springs all around.. 400,000 kms and still has all the original U joints too! they aren't used as a tow vehicle here, but they're a good commuter if you still need to haul stuff in the back.. 10l/100kms all day long.. only 90 hp though

This is somewhat OT, but I heard that Jeep was going to, and did see one pass the farm a few days ago: New Jeep 4 door truck.

Texasmark said:
This is somewhat OT, but I heard that Jeep was going to, and did see one pass the farm a few days ago: New Jeep 4 door truck.

Yes they did. It has to be the ugliest vehicle I have ever seen. But I also hate Jeeps. Its a toy car. Ugly as ever.

cowgal604 said:
Texasmark said:

Yes they did. It has to be the ugliest vehicle I have ever seen. But I also hate Jeeps. Its a toy car. Ugly as ever.

......Have to maintain namesake.... :clap: :banana: Can't imagine the ride......WWII pictures of ¼ ton Jeeps bouncing around with occupants bouncing around.

They send em all down here.....and they are often stolen and shipped to Arab countries as they are ok with that sort of behavior....

Latest posts