How will the 'Vette's 5.5-liter V8 effect GM Trucks

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
Will GM use this super engine in other places? It sounds like a real winner.

The 2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 is home to the most powerful naturally aspirated V8 engine ever in a production vehicle. The 5.5-liter V8 produces 670 horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque, and it's going to scream like an Italian exotic thanks to the flat-plane crankshaft.​
After working on it since 2014, and knowing how special this engine is, the GM engineers who poured their sweat and time into it set aside an afternoon to go into detail about everything someone might want to know. From this, we give you the 9 coolest things about the LT6 in the upcoming Z06.​

Sad thing is gm spent all the money to develop it and it will see very low production numbers.
Gm has bought into the electric vehicle Market big time

I would rather have a tuned down ZZ632/1000 in a truck. Better yet Chevy just needs to make a 6.x liter inline 6 iron blocked gas motor for their 2500-5500 trucks. I bet though you will see the 5.5 show in some other things, or at least some version of it.
Screw electric trucks and tractors, I have a hard enough time with batteries, and electric bills as it is.

Will GM use this super engine in other places? It sounds like a real winner.

The 2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 is home to the most powerful naturally aspirated V8 engine ever in a production vehicle. The 5.5-liter V8 produces 670 horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque, and it's going to scream like an Italian exotic thanks to the flat-plane crankshaft.​
After working on it since 2014, and knowing how special this engine is, the GM engineers who poured their sweat and time into it set aside an afternoon to go into detail about everything someone might want to know. From this, we give you the 9 coolest things about the LT6 in the upcoming Z06.​
it sounds like it'll be a short-lived engine in a truck.. and I kinda doubt you want to be climbing a 10 mile long hill revving out to 6000 RPM to get the power... Probably a fuel pig if you're pushing it that hard too

Compare to the early cummins that make that kind of torque (in stock form) at 2000 RPM and with no too much modification can nearly double it at 2500 RPM...

it sounds like it'll be a short-lived engine in a truck.. and I kinda doubt you want to be climbing a 10 mile long hill revving out to 6000 RPM to get the power... Probably a fuel pig if you're pushing it that hard too

Compare to the early Cummins that make that kind of torque (in stock form) at 2000 RPM and with no too much modification can nearly double it at 2500 RPM...
I am no engineer. You might be right. I struggle with that Ford V6 turbo in a truck too, but folks pile on the miles

Compare to the early cummins that make that kind of torque (in stock form) at 2000 RPM and with no too much modification can nearly double it at 2500 RPM...
You made me go find the dyno chart

1645301364440.png

I am no engineer. You might be right. I struggle with that Ford V6 turbo in a truck too, but folks pile on the miles
I doubted it too til I owned one. It will truly surprise you with the power it has and pulling torque. Makes it at low rpm too which really surprised me. Wish I could put an Ecoboost in my 250 that has the Triton.

Wasn't the LS1 in the Corvette then used on the 5.3L or 6.0L?
Ls1 is 5.7. The 6.0 truck motor was a Lq4 lq9, and L96, with LS2 based iron blocks, and LS2/3 based aluminum heads which was used in Corvettes, but with alum blocks. The LS3 heads have larger intake ports than LS1.
The 5.3 was it's own separate block architecture, but used LS heads in some form.

Years ago GM dropped the 5.7liter mtr-700r4 trans from the stock Camaro into the GMC Sierra truck .....makes total sense this 5.5liter would get dropped into their biggest GM trucks. Hauling power is needed...6 cylinders even with a turbo...doesn't cut it in farming. Trucks aren't (shouldn't be) built to struggle and wear out their motors prematurely, i.e. 6 cylinder.

Latest posts