Top 5 reasons to live in the country

Help Support CattleToday:

KristinDus

Reaction score
I am not certain if "Coffee Shop" is the correct area to write however,
We are contemplating to switch to country living
and the family is daunted to move in the rural area.
Some intel on persuading will be much welcomed.

KristinDus said:

Most rural Americans are very conservative as well as clannish in my part of the world. Most here are very helpful unless you come on like a bull in a china shop.

There are many good reasons, many bad too, esp depending on town size down here.

What I seen of UK seems your country is like living in or near a town here.

Here are some benefits.....

1. Healthier Lifestyle
2. Less Stress
3. Higher Safety
4. More Affordable Living. ...
5. More Space. ...
6. Friendlier Community.

Don't do like some, move to the country then complain about how we do things. There's gonna be times you have livestock show up at your place or in the road that don't belong to you, sometimes they mess things up. Don't complain about the smell when your neighbor spreads chicken litter, it will go away with a few rains. There will be slow moving farm equipment on the roads at the most inconvenient time, believe me, we wish that we could make that equipment move faster too.

City living is not for everyone..........

losangelesriot_3.jpg

KristinDus said:

Hello, and welcome. I don't know much about rural life versus city in England, but I'm curious about something. You said "we" are contemplating the switch and "the family" is daunted. Can you define those terms please? If "we" is you and your husband I don't see why you need to persuade anybody. Just tell them what you're going to do.

The riots, looting, and craziness was not present in any of the small towns around me in Ky. There may have been a few small protests, but nothing crazy like I saw in the cities. I used to hear the older generation say it took about 20 years for the city craziness to make its way to the rural culture. With modern technology, it gets there much faster now, but it's still much more peaceful.

Latest posts