Too fat???

Help Support CattleToday:

Don't listen to them! The cattle business is not a one size fits all type of thing. Someone will want him and find him useful. He does kinda look like a potbelly pig in that one shot though. :)

KMacGinley":psnbif3t said:
Don't listen to them! The cattle business is not a one size fits all type of thing. Someone will want him and find him useful. He does kinda look like a potbelly pig in that one shot though. :)

Yeah some jackass like my neighbor that buys scrawny funnell butt bulls that aint worth a crap.

Dwarfism also refers to little people animals etc with body parts not proportionate which is what this guy has. He body in not in proportion ,the big (huge head) and short stubby legs, not to mention a pot belly.

Aussie I am familiar with Dexters they are small cattle but all parts are in proportion to their size ,like the ones you have posted pics of.

Like I said, good luck with him , but he would not sell around here as breeding stock though..

Why would you want to eat him if he could produce little steers just like him that finish out at 12 months on just mom and grass? Everybody seems to say that he looks tasty....I like that quality in cattle. It's been quite entertaining to watch him grow and see people's reactions to him when they see him in person. I could just about charge admission. You're all just worried about what my little super bull/pig is going to do to the market :D It may not matter, he may need some type of special platform to reach the cows anyway. He almost drags the ground as it is.

I'm 6' tall and he comes up to my knees. It's not the camera angle. But point taken, I worry about his fetlocks and too much fat around his organs (and belly, butt, neck, etc..) I'll keep you all updated, unless a hobby farmer buys my little mini bull for a tidy sum. If it doesn't work out, you can always eat your mistakes. Mmmmm.....tasty.

lakeportfarms":29nfpks7 said:
Why would you want to eat him if he could produce little steers just like him that finish out at 12 months on just mom and grass? Everybody seems to say that he looks tasty....I like that quality in cattle. It's been quite entertaining to watch him grow and see people's reactions to him when they see him in person. I could just about charge admission. You're all just worried about what my little super bull/pig is going to do to the market :D It may not matter, he may need some type of special platform to reach the cows anyway. He almost drags the ground as it is.

I'm 6' tall and he comes up to my knees. It's not the camera angle. But point taken, I worry about his fetlocks and too much fat around his organs (and belly, butt, neck, etc..) I'll keep you all updated, unless a hobby farmer buys my little mini bull for a tidy sum. If it doesn't work out, you can always eat your mistakes. Mmmmm.....tasty.

Have you considered Jenny Craig or maybe Nutrisystems. He is no good if he can't get off the ground to breed anything.

Simple_Simon_TN.jpg

I thought this was a pic of the tallest man in the Guinness book of world records.. :lol2: :p

lakeportfarms":310hwrax said:

You state he's 38 inches tall and only comes to your knees. Would you post a picture of yourself? I've read most of the threads tonight and had nothing to do, so I measured to the top of my knees, while sitting down, and I measured 20 ins. It was 40 ins. to my waist, so if you're 38 ins. to your knees, double that and your legs are 64 ins. long. Are you saying your body is only 8 ins. long? You'd make a heckuva bareback or bull rider as you could lock your ankles under them. Is that allowed? :D

Roadapple":331dno12 said:
lakeportfarms":331dno12 said:

You state he's 38 inches tall and only comes to your knees. Would you post a picture of yourself? I've read most of the threads tonight and had nothing to do, so I measured to the top of my knees, while sitting down, and I measured 20 ins. It was 40 ins. to my waist, so if you're 38 ins. to your knees, double that and your legs are 64 ins. long. Are you saying your body is only 8 ins. long? You'd make a heckuva bareback or bull rider as you could lock your ankles under them. Is that allowed? :D
... :lol: wiping coffee off of computer screen... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lakeportfarms":f31w0snd said:

Actually I wouldn't want to eat him because he would be too greasy.
However, I can feed out a beef steer to 9 months old and the same amount of meat you would get feeding him 12 months and get better quality meat.

If you put him on a diet and he lost all that fat, you wouldn't have anything left. His dressing percentage will be very small.

Another reason to put him in the freezer is that if you took him to a sale, you would lose money (unless you cut him and sold him to a petting zoo.)

Just because he is short and has testes does not make him worthy of reproducing. I think that pushing him off on some unsuspecting hobby farmer as a herd bull is despicable.
He is poor quality. He is not balanced. He is heavy through the front and has no rear. He is too short coupled. There is no guarantee that he will produce a smaller animal because he is half Hereford. His offspring could throwback.

If I were going to "downsize" my cattle, I would breed AI to the best small breed bull that I could find.

Is he the first calf that you have produced?

Just noticed my math was off in my other post, so I got my calculator out and found out 38 x 2 is 76, so actually your legs are longer than you are tall. Just wanted to correct that. But please post picture. :D

Roadapple":by2fkz2g said:
Just noticed my math was off in my other post, so I got my calculator out and found out 38 x 2 is 76, so actually your legs are longer than you are tall. Just wanted to correct that. But please post picture. :D

The dam is 44 and his sire is 38"...sorry I wasn't clear about that. He still comes up to my knees. He had his 4 month birthday yesterday.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :cry2: :???: The "NEW" math in the previous posts set my brain whirling - to the point that I had to get a tape and measure my own "Knee Height"! After subtracting (for all of you "New Math" devotees, that means "Take-Away-From") two inches for my shoe heel height, the floor-to-knee score was 23". I am just a hair shy of 6' tall, so that is about right, but my body is longer than 8"!! :shock: :clap: :nod: :lol2:

I haven't laughed this much since - - - - - sorry, I have to seek out the "Potty Box!!" :wave: - - :nod: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts