The stork just brought us this fat azz Byergo Titus daughter

Help Support CattleToday:

Nice pair!
Cow is way in too good condition for what I would consider a perfect for calving, but at least she's not starving.
It would be a surprise if such size cow needed assistance with such calf! I wouldn't be scared of 150+lbs calf for her.

lithuanian farmer said:
Nice pair!
Cow is way in too good condition for what I would consider a perfect for calving, but at least she's not starving.
It would be a surprise if such size cow needed assistance with such calf! I wouldn't be scared of 150+lbs calf for her.

She had the calf with no issues at all. She's definitely not starving, LOL!

You should see how the calf is nursing, the momma is pouring the milk to her.

Congrats Branded! Dandy calf and mom is a full sized unit for sure. It's must be very rewarding to see your planning and efforts come to fruition so nicely. Well done.

frieghttrain said:
Thick sucker. Marko's? Or are they all Hectors?

These are all Hector's

I think one of my smallish heifers is brewing a set of twins.. there was so much movement going on in that belly, and MUCH higher on the flank than I'm used to seeing, I imagine they're stacked up.. On the right side of the cow evidently, but about where you'd watch them for bloat.

got some video of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB0A7RJ7a8w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4lghqUKRsM

************* said:

Just out of interest, what is the benefit to keep cows in such condition all the time? I'm studying now, and an over-conditioning isn't very healthy for the cow from what I've been learning here. Wouldn't it be more beneficial to keep them in a normal condition and keep it, than make them be fat all the time?

lithuanian farmer said:
************* said:

Just out of interest, what is the benefit to keep cows in such condition all the time? I'm studying now, and an over-conditioning isn't very healthy for the cow from what I've been learning here. Wouldn't it be more beneficial to keep them in a normal condition and keep it, than make them be fat all the time?
What would you classify that cow as being, I have her at a 7 for BCS scoring. I don't know Branded's feeding regimen, but this could be a very easy keeping cow that carries good condition regardless. We all have some of those, we feed'em all at one time and dog gone it, three of'em stay fat, until a calf starts pulling it off of them. Honestly I would rather have a cow at a 7 than a 4. Doesn't cost any money to pull the weight off, costs a lot to put it back on them.

bball said:
Congrats Branded! Dandy calf and mom is a full sized unit for sure. It's must be very rewarding to see your planning and efforts come to fruition so nicely. Well done.

Thank you VERY much!

CreekAngus said:
lithuanian farmer said:
************* said:

What would you classify that cow as being, I have her at a 7 for BCS scoring. I don't know Branded's feeding regimen, but this could be a very easy keeping cow that carries good condition regardless. We all have some of those, we feed'em all at one time and dog gone it, three of'em stay fat, until a calf starts pulling it off of them. Honestly I would rather have a cow at a 7 than a 4. Doesn't cost any money to pull the weight off, costs a lot to put it back on them.

She is easy keeping. She eats less than many on here would think, she is efficient. On top of that she has good feet and a has a great, great

I got the epds on the calf back today. AAA # 19389422

Her DMI is in the top 15% of the breed, but here's what I like combined this that efficiency, she was top 2% for RADG and top 4% for $B, and top 2% for $F.

There are some other categories that she scored high on, but I was happy with the ones mentioned above.

Nesikep said:
frieghttrain said:
Thick sucker. Marko's? Or are they all Hectors?

These are all Hector's

I think one of my smallish heifers is brewing a set of twins.. there was so much movement going on in that belly, and MUCH higher on the flank than I'm used to seeing, I imagine they're stacked up.. On the right side of the cow evidently, but about where you'd watch them for bloat.

got some video of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB0A7RJ7a8w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4lghqUKRsM

I bet you're right! Never seen one moving so much while still in the brewer before!

************* said:
She is easy keeping. She eats less than many on here would think, she is efficient. On top of that she has good feet and a has a great, great

I got the epds on the calf back today. AAA # 19389422

Her DMI is in the top 15% of the breed, but here's what I like combined this that efficiency, she was top 2% for RADG and top 4% for $B, and top 2% for $F.

There are some other categories that she scored high on, but I was happy with the ones mentioned above.
Thanks for the answer. From earlier discussions I'd an impression that you supplement your cows with grain all the time. Some people try to manage cows conditions due to the health and calving. The size of cows helps you a lot, because when a cow is smaller and in such good condition, she usually can't calve as easily as if they were leaner. Just recently had to help one neighbour calve her angusx heifer with angus calf. She was in a good condition and it was the problem for her hard calving with a calf, which normally would have been born without or with way less assistance he needed now.
I actually try to increase the size of our cows, maybe even to similar size as yours, but that they'd weigh that much when in normal condition. Not the whole herd pushing 2000-2200lbs, but some of certain breeds.

Latest posts