Too early to call?

Help Support CattleToday:

East Caney

Reaction score
Looks like a bull to me, but the barn might be in my view…What do you think? 19 days old.

I've been looking over him. The thing I like the least about him is that he didn't try and get me to turn the tagging gun around before I put the tag in. :)

He's a classy calf. Take a picture at 60 days and post it. That will tell the tale.

I always have to laugh when one starts out like this. They make the others look so crappy.

Had one like that 2 yrs ago. Still the best bull I ever raised and he looked it every day of his life.

He'd look a little more masculine if he'd loose the umbilical cord. :D Mammas boy! :lol:

Nice looking calf for sure.

3waycross":28i5bp1e said:
He's a classy calf. Take a picture at 60 days and post it. That will tell the tale.

I always have to laugh when one starts out like this. They make the others look so crappy.

Had one like that 2 yrs ago. Still the best bull I ever raised and he looked it every day of his life.

x2. He is worth following for certain.

Right or Wrong .... I believe that you will have your hands full now with a new tag.... He looks great to me. Did you weigh him at birth ?

Sometimes some of them just look a cut above the rest.. other times it's a little harder to tell, and you have to do a bit of guessing by what their siblings turned out as.. He looks good so far though

I appreciate the kind responses. I get on here to check my eye every once in a while. I'll walk through the pasture and get hopeful, but I know CT will help bring reality to my life. Seems like this one will be worth watching, though. I didn't weigh him, but he has been the biggest so far. I'd guess he weighed 80-85 lbs. He's from one of the 3 heifers I posted last year. The other two have bull calved as well.

Latest posts