Toilet Paper Shortage..........

Help Support CattleToday:

d1qfgbffron2.jpg

Could be toilet paper may be the only thing of value after the economy collapses. Local cow sales at auction are down 15 to 20 dollars cwt.

hurleyjd said:
Could be toilet paper may be the only thing of value after the economy collapses. Local cow sales at auction are down 15 to 20 dollars cwt.

No you're just getting a preview of the tip of the panic iceberg of today's society. Let something really go wrong we will be killing each other. Last couple of really bad events pandemic, depression etc the majority of the country was rural. Today it's urban.

I did my shopping Wed at H-E-B and it wasn't too bad, tho I did notice there was no toilet paper or bottled water and precious little other paper products on the shelves. I had a need to return to town Friday night this time to Walmart, and it being most people's Friday payday, there was the usual crowd but the cashier said it had been beyond hectic all day. Worse than right before a major hurricane. I saw:
Hardly any canned goods on the shelves. Certainly no canned meat, only a few canned vegs.
The meat case was all but empty (except for chicken.. (no one around here but senile old women and starvin little kids eats chicken) . No beef of any kind , no pork. (I did see some tripe, but I bet it went away Saturday) YUCK!
The lunch meat, cheese, hot dogs and susage cases were bare..I mean BARE!
No bread..no eggs, no milk, no butter. (still plenty of tortillas thankfully)
No bleach.
No coffee except the higher priced Kuerig pods and a few cans of decaf.
No ramen noodles (who the heck eats that crap anyway? )
70 years, and even in the worst of times, I've never seen anything like this.

greybeard said:
I did my shopping Wed at H-E-B and it wasn't too bad, tho I did notice there was no toilet paper or bottled water and precious little other paper products on the shelves. I had a need to return to town Friday night this time to Walmart, and it being most people's Friday payday, there was the usual crowd but the cashier said it had been beyond hectic all day. Worse than right before a major hurricane. I saw:
Hardly any canned goods on the shelves. Certainly no canned meat, only a few canned vegs.
The meat case was all but empty (except for chicken.. (no one around here but senile old women and starvin little kids eats chicken) . No beef of any kind , no pork. (I did see some tripe, but I bet it went away Saturday) YUCK!
The lunch meat, cheese, hot dogs and susage cases were bare..I mean BARE!
No bread..no eggs, no milk, no butter. (still plenty of tortillas thankfully)
No bleach.
No coffee except the higher priced Kuerig pods and a few cans of decaf.
No ramen noodles (who the heck eats that crap anyway? )
70 years, and even in the worst of times, I've never seen anything like this.

You're absolutely right never seen anything like this. Even after Carla when everyone had to be vaccinated for typhoid. You were marched through government tents like cattle and vaccinated.
Saw a poll, not that polls mean a heck of a lot. The liberal segment of our society was much more worried than the conservative side. I think that gets back to the sheep of the urban society versus the feral hogs on the conservatives.

Same here in a nearby town considered significant by Oregon standards. Local Costco was pandemonium and a significant PNW chain grocery much the same. Aisles of non perishabless stripped bare and very little produce.

Was just in CVS and seen this dude whose cart was FULL to the brim with hand sanitizes, baby wipes, soaps, everything that people need!!

I called him selfish and gave him a low down about the elderly, moms, and people who need these types of things. Told him he should be ashamed of himself!

He said: "Are you done? Cause I really need to get back to restocking the shelves now..."

Kingfisher said:
Was just in CVS and seen this dude whose cart was FULL to the brim with hand sanitizes, baby wipes, soaps, everything that people need!!

I called him selfish and gave him a low down about the elderly, moms, and people who need these types of things. Told him he should be ashamed of himself!

He said: "Are you done? Cause I really need to get back to restocking the shelves now..."

Oops.

The devil went down to Walmart..
he was looking for a roll to steal.
He was in a bind, clenching his behind
Bad times were gettin real........

I look on the bright side. After the stores are all restocked. TP will be really cheap and big sales since nobody will be buying it because they have plenty at home already and taking up too much space.

Dsth said:
I look on the bright side. After the stores are all restocked. TP will be really cheap and big sales since nobody will be buying it because they have plenty at home already and taking up too much space.
I went to Walmart tonight and the shelves were even stripped more than a couple days ago and no TP. I told the wife when this is over and everybody has all this crazy hoarding stocked up, sales will be slow for a while.

Have 12 rolls in the cupboard in the down stairs bathroom. I thought we are good for a while. I rarely use the up stairs bathroom. I found out that the wife had 12 rolls up there. We are golden. The cottonwood trees along the river will be leafed out by the time all that runs out.

Dave said:
Have 12 rolls in the cupboard in the down stairs bathroom. I thought we are good for a while. I rarely use the up stairs bathroom. I found out that the wife had 12 rolls up there. We are golden. The cottonwood trees along the river will be leafed out by the time all that runs out.
You are blessed......

Latest posts