What do you use for paper work?

Help Support CattleToday:

FarmersDigest

Reaction score
What do you use to keep track of your beef, hay (you've grown and sold) and anything else that you need to be keeping track of? I've looked on line to see if there is anything special, but I haven't found anything. Anything will help, as we are new to this all! Thank you.

Same thing, quicken and a spreadsheet for my cattle. Spreadsheet to track breeding, due dates, BW, WW, YW and sale value.

I'm totally old school on paperwork. No computer for me :oops:

I still use the National Farmer's Income Tax Record. Available for around $10 at 7 local newspaper offices, and a local drug store that I am aware of.

Everything on Excel. My cattle records are on the cloud, so I can make entries on my smart phone when I'm checking cows, and then view them from my computer. I just recently figured out how to do that and it's a big help.

I bought some cheap software called Cattle Works to keep records on my animals. I already had Quickbooks and I keep all farm expenses on that. Makes it really easy to get end of the year numbers together.

I use Excel spreadsheets for keeping track of the cattle, and hay grown, a triplicate receipt book for keeping track of hay sales

Alan":2wty39b5 said:
Same thing, quicken and a spreadsheet for my cattle. Spreadsheet to track breeding, due dates, BW, WW, YW and sale value.
Wonderful, thank you! Do you ever worry about the comp crashing or not being able to pull your info up? Go DUCKS!!!!! :banana: :clap:

John SD":2wq0ig5x said:
I'm totally old school on paperwork. No computer for me :oops:

I still use the National Farmer's Income Tax Record. Available for around $10 at 7 local newspaper offices, and a local drug store that I am aware of.
I don't think I've ever seen the National Farmers Income Tax Record. I looked for in online and couldn't find it. Thank you for your info!

I keep all my receipts in an accordion file. I spread em out on the table and put them on paper each qtr. for expenses. keep records of animals on excel file.

Kinda want to try one of them receipt scanners I see advertised on tv

Jbonnot03":26yj6m8p said:
Another vote for Cattlemax. I just wish there was a better way to keep track of the hay inventory stuff.
You can keep hay inventory with a good glance at the barn and some quick math. It ain't rocket surgery.

Rafter S":1fyq89wb said:
Everything on Excel. My cattle records are on the cloud, so I can make entries on my smart phone when I'm checking cows, and then view them from my computer. I just recently figured out how to do that and it's a big help.
Thank you for responding!

Cattlemax is a sponsor. I signed up for it yesterday. It is easy to use and functional . It takes some time to enter each animal. I really like the mobile version of it. I highly recommend those that don't have it try it.