To use a vet or not?

Help Support CattleToday:

G-D-B

Reaction score
I'm very new to all of this and had a quick question. Some of my cows have a hard time breathing, are coughing and don't seem to want to get up for long periods of time.

This started a couple days ago

Should I call a vet or not?

Yes, as Gcreek said in your situation. You have said you are new to this, you sense something is not right, best to get some advice. Hopefully all will be good and it won't be a waste of time and money either way. You will find it very usefull to build a relationship with your Vet, they will know who you are and can be usefull if you ask for medications down the track if they know you are sincere.

Ken

Yes, I would call a vet. If you have never had one, find a good one in your area and establish a good relationship with them. In my opinion, a good working relationship with a vet is often overlooked, but is one of the most important things to a successful cattle operation.

Yep, it'll be an uphill battle if they've stopped eating.. I had one bad case last fall, had to tube her 5 gallons of water 3 times a day for nearly a week, on top of lots of meds. Get on it fast!

Latest posts