To much La 200?

Help Support CattleToday:

Steve Banks

Reaction score
I have a bull with a sore foot ( thinking it is foot rot).
I have given him 60cc of La 200 twice in eight days, he still has some tenderness in his foot. I know it takes time but I do want to stay on top of this!
Question: is there any problem giving him a total of 180cc in 12 days??
P.S lableing doesn't mention frequences.

Unless we was completly laid up from the suspected foot rot, if he isn;t over it by now I'ld use a different antibiotic. Or clean the foot and really check it over to see if there is another problem.

dun

If it is hairy heel wart, LA 200 won't get mine well.

after giving 120ccs in 8 days.an he is still walking sore footed.id pen him an check his foot.an see if something is in it.scott

I agree that 60cc might not be enough. How much does your bull weigh? I just gave my cow which weighs about 1500 pounds 65cc. LA-200 is 1cc per 10kg or 1500lb cow times .45 equals 675kg divided by 10 equals 67.5cc.
It says on the box if no improvement in 48-72 hours you should re-diagnose. With my cows that I believe to have had foot rot I gave one dose then another in about a week. It always cleared up. If you have given 180 cc in 12 days that should work. There would be more heat coming from the foot I think than the other, red swelling between hoof up top where the skin and hoof join. Good Luck

Had foot rot this summer. Vet dosed once with nuflor and cleared right up.

As LA 200 goes SOME'S GOOD MORE'S BETTER.

We had alot of foot rot this summer calves got 30 cc's cows 60 or 70 most only took one treatment... :cowboy:

Nulfor can get pretty expensive though! I find that Penicillin works best, 16cc per 880lbs, last about 5 days. Clears foot rot up good.

Latest posts