Tires

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
Anyone use the Goodrich all terrain tires.
Just bought a new set LT265/75R16.
They seem pretty aggressive and surprisingly not too noisey.

Cal

You will love them. Probably the best all around tire out there. Just got to pricey for me at the rate I go thru them. Pull great on and off road. Had to switch to Firestone Transforce AT . Just as good on the road but give up a little in the mud but they are about 30% cheaper. The Goodrich tires are better looking to if that counts for anything.

Calman":1koar425 said:

Cal

I just bought of toyo m-55 in the same size as yours a couple of weeks ago. My second set of those. I travel a lot of rock road and they are the only tire that has gone their life time without getting a flat ... Knock on wood. But they are not cheap about $300 each, yea my hands were shaking counting out the cash on that bill.

If you don't mind sharing what is the ply rating and cost of the tires you just picked up?

Alan":1rbcy3m6 said:
Calman":1rbcy3m6 said:

Cal

I just bought of toyo m-55 in the same size as yours a couple of weeks ago. My second set of those. I travel a lot of rock road and they are the only tire that has gone their life time without getting a flat ... Knock on wood. But they are not cheap about $300 each, yea my hands were shaking counting out the cash on that bill.

If you don't mind sharing what is the ply rating and cost of the tires you just picked up?

Just put a set of 10ply Toyo's on my Tundra last week. My buddy runs them and is getting right at 60,000 out of them. Those suckers definately have some tread on them. Paid $1048 out the door for a set of 18's

Calman":1rl0u4f4 said:

Cal

I do and they are E load range I love them.

Vic, I do like those Toyo's. First tire I have had on any of my trucks that did not get a flat due to rock puncture. And like you said lots of tread. Very quiet and smooth. I just remember that size of tire was around $100, $125 ea not very long ago.

I bought the Firestone Tranforce 245-75R-16 as well. I don't really know why, I just did and I am Happy.

Just bought a set of Toyo opencountry at last week. Great ride, no noise and agressive tread for an AT tire. They were about 300 less than the BFG AT`s 60k tire.

bfg never wear right for me..had em on a cpl diff trucks..i hate em..good heavy tire and decent grip[ but when i look at em and theyre all worn crooked it burns me

The BFG A/T is the most agressive AT on the market. With that comes having to rotate them often. If you look at the tread it obvious why.

They have the stiffest side wall on the market which causes a lot of people to complain that the stiff ride. I have never ripped a side wall out of a BFG.

I switched away from them to the Hancook AT because the BFGs grab rocks and will destroy your paint if you run a lot of gravel road. The Hancooks have been the best road/ gravel tire I have found. I have had punctures with them but there is a trade off with every thing.

Alan":b407doav said:
Calman":b407doav said:

Cal

Sorry I took so long, I got them for 1020 mounted balanced and free rotations.They are 10 ply

Cal

Ever count the total number of tires that you have in service? It will blow your mind. Its where a lot of your money goes.

I must have got a bad batch. These were the worst tires I've ever put on a pickup. I will never buy them again.

Latest posts