Tire slime

Help Support CattleToday:

kilroy60":2i5wztuc said:
Ol' 243":2i5wztuc said:
Why wouldn't you just buy a new tire for the thing?
I agree. For the cost of a tire versus the time spent on trying to fix it knowing that you'll eventually end up buying a new tire, I'd skip all the home remedies and get the tire.
You guys are just too practical. Sure that's the right answer but.....
You miss out on the beauty, enjoyment and independence of coming up with your own Rube Goldberg solutions
to a problem.

lavacarancher":gmqty73f said:
I have the same problem with the front tires on my rider. Trying to find a place to foam fill them right now but no one that I've found in the Houston area even knows what I'm talking about. I guess I'll have to take my chances and buy on line. You are a cheap skate, Nesi. :lol:

Google http://genscotire.com/. They have a place in Houston.

Gunner":15oqpv6s said:
lavacarancher":15oqpv6s said:
I have the same problem with the front tires on my rider. Trying to find a place to foam fill them right now but no one that I've found in the Houston area even knows what I'm talking about. I guess I'll have to take my chances and buy on line. You are a cheap skate, Nesi. :lol:

Google http://genscotire.com/. They have a place in Houston.
Doesn't do me much good!

Haven't aired up that tire yet.. still full! Mowed a half acre with it today...
I actually let some air out, I had figured the remedy wouldn't work as well as it did, and it was a little over inflated

Sounds like Nesi is in the same boat as me, he has more time than money. Poor man's got poor ways, makes you think on it a little harder sometimes.

riding tractor tires are pretty cheap, but when you get into other tires like what's on our plow (that suffers from the same problem), it gets expensive real quick... We have about 150 tires on the place, and a lot of people have a lot more.

Nesikep":olde9uid said:
riding tractor tires are pretty cheap, but when you get into other tires like what's on our plow (that suffers from the same problem), it gets expensive real quick... We have about 150 tires on the place, and a lot of people have a lot more.

Just pulling your chain, Nesi. I filled my ZT mower tires with that expanding insulation foam. One worked pretty good, the other not so good but it's still "up" and hasn't rolled off the bead yet.

So a year has gone by, that tire is still full up!.. other side is flat now

Meanwhile, I had bought an old ATV and the tires were completely rotted from the sun.. had to fill them daily... Put a mix of the stuff in in January, never added air again.. it's seriously surprising those tires hold air at all

Latest posts