Tips and tricks to make great saving

Help Support CattleToday:

A friend of mine uses the free cash advance for 6 months to buy bred cows with, and sells them right before the loan has to be repaid.

Due to crisis, people tend to borrow money; however it's a bad habit and we can't ignore it. There is a good side from borrowing, not only they can have want they wanted which will encourage them to look for more money; of course, to give the amount of money back but it can also prevent people from stealing. Lending money is more advantageous than borrowing since people who happened to lend whatever amount of money can make great saving depending of the personto whom he/she may lend it ( he is honest or not...) . I think it depends mainly on our way of living, our relationship with others.

gimpyrancher":33lr3cq0 said:
Texas,

> Now borrow that same hundred grand and if you know what you're doing you can easily make much more than the twelve grand (sometimes almost overnight) and still have money left to pay any tax liability.

Yup. If you know what you're doing and have the "extra" money to gamble with. What is the percentage of Americans that "could" do that? That is also how many eventually lost everything over the last decade. Investing in high risk investments and or real estate. The rich can afford to make high risk investments. Most of us can't.
I said IF you know what you're doing. Many don't and do not learn from mistakes either. You just said "invest 100K in real estate rather than borrow the money now you're condemning it and referring to "the rich". Down size it. You can start with a thousand. The % return can be the same. I'm simply saying that "IF you know what you're doing" you can make money with borrowed money regardless of the amount borrowed. Their is risk in all investing unless you invest in something insured and with a guaranteed return. The result of that is "low earnings" but at least your principal isn't at risk.

Lots of term annuities are guaranteed. Principal is risk free but you have to read the fine print. Normally, the company wants to return that principal to you in partial payments over a period of years (after the initial term is fulfilled--usually 4 years)

jltrent":b3ghc225 said:
Buy items you intend to buy in the future on Black Friday at a big savings.
Only to find out they were the same price at the Labor Day and July 4th sale. :cry2:

There are lots of easy and well-known tips but the best I found effective one is the use of gas water heater timer. Have you ever used it? So far, I'm going to ask my mum with other tips which are not popular but work perfectly.

This is real simple.
It is not what you make it how you manage what you make.
My philosophy is you use froghides, not debit, credit, checks or loans.
When you have to pull it out of your ass pocket it is real, it is not using all that pretend money.
Until you get home and wonder what happened to your account.
Secondly get rid of the I want this addiction.

living debt free is a game changer. You don't mind going to work anymore. Everything is more enjoyable. And when you do buy something, you don't have that sick feeling that goes along with a payment.

For the average young person, living debt free is just not possible. But, they can can get there with some smart planning. Purchasing real estate (with a loan) and turning it can make a decent profit. Immediate returns can be had with simply increasing the R value in attic insulation, choosing the right vehicle for commuting (buy economical second hand vehicles), planning out economical but healthy meals, staying fit to avoid doctor visits, buy clothes at resale shops... . I had a neighbor that would drive through a middle class neighbor on trash day just before the garbage trucks arrived. He picked up broken bicycles and eventually had enough to make three good ones for his kids.

Credit cards are bad.. I have 4 and I wish I had never gotten them, but without them I would not have the land and home I have because very few people do owner financing on anything worth having.. If it weren't for that I would had never gotten them in the first place. And once you get them you can't cancel them without seeing your credit score plummet from not having an established revolving credit line. So my advice is if you need a house and some good land then credit cards may be a good thing for you (if) you were like me.. But if you can get what you want without using them, then you should because they are a waste of money you could save and set back yourself. You may think I am getting free money but after a few years of paying interest on them and annual fees etc. They make there money back and even get double than the credit limit they gave you to begin with :) Too be honest you can't get the good deals on Cell phones or Satellite or Internet without having good credit.. Which I use a track phone from Walmart and it does what I need it to do for even less. It's really according to what you want in life and if you can handle the extra load as to whether or not a Credit Card is good for you. Way your opinions WELL before you do anything with credit cards.

The big problem today is tv internet indoctrination of you can have it now.
We are now on the second generation in this country that has never really had to work.
Americans will do most anything to get their toys this brainwashing has been going on for years through the media.
Most kids today would faint at a hog killin and would starve to death thinking about eating the meat.
For years before church on Sunday morning it was my job to catch the chicken grandma had picked out for Sunday dinner.
And we are not even get off into gardens and push plows.

Gwenaelle":3gx1kur8 said:
There are lots of easy and well-known tips but the best I found effective one is the use of gas water heater timer. Have you ever used it? So far, I'm going to ask my mum with other tips which are not popular but work perfectly.

If you use gas then a tankless water heater is even better. If you're all electric I wouldn't recommend one.

Try to buy used but when you need to buy new, buy quality. Quality items generally out last the cheap version by more than enough to make up the difference in price. When buying used know what the idem cost new.

backhoeboogie":1pjb138h said:
If debt earns me money, I am okay with debt.
Right, when I was bearly 18 I got a loan to buy a tractor and hay equipment, then the next week I got a 25k loan to buy calves with. The equipment is now paid for, and the cattle loan has made me a living along with my paid for cattle. I wouldn't want it if it was a big part of my cattle but for 15% or so of my cattle to be on borrowed money it's ok.

I have cousins my age and up to 5 years older that have never been out of shcool, some have never had jobs, some have lived off there parents this far, and all of them owe 50k to 200k in student loans. Now I guess someday they will make more money than me, but so far there all in a pretty deep hole starting out if you want to compare. I'm going to get by and live decent and love what I get to do everyday of my life, my cousins are all spending years and money to learn how to maybe go get jobs someday in hopes of being Ritch. To me that life wouldn't be worth living.

denvermartinfarms":obefvtxk said:
backhoeboogie":obefvtxk said:
If debt earns me money, I am okay with debt.
Right, when I was bearly 18 I got a loan to buy a tractor and hay equipment, then the next week I got a 25k loan to buy calves with. The equipment is now paid for, and the cattle loan has made me a living along with my paid for cattle. I wouldn't want it if it was a big part of my cattle but for 15% or so of my cattle to be on borrowed money it's ok.

I have cousins my age and up to 5 years older that have never been out of shcool, some have never had jobs, some have lived off there parents this far, and all of them owe 50k to 200k in student loans. Now I guess someday they will make more money than me, but so far there all in a pretty deep hole starting out if you want to compare. I'm going to get by and live decent and love what I get to do everyday of my life, my cousins are all spending years and money to learn how to maybe go get jobs someday in hopes of being Ritch. To me that life wouldn't be worth living.

I get exactly what you are saying. I really do. I got hurt pretty bad in 2006. I would be drawing disability, If I had to depend on my back and legs to make my living. Luckily, I missed very little work due to my injuries. I was glad that I had a college education to fall back on. I can work around on my farm, at my own pace etc. I aint worth 15 cents to hire out to other people.

Bigfoot":1wbg272u said:
I get exactly what you are saying. I really do. I got hurt pretty bad in 2006. I would be drawing disability, If I had to depend on my back and legs to make my living. Luckily, I missed very little work due to my injuries. I was glad that I had a college education to fall back on. I can work around on my farm, at my own pace etc. I aint worth 15 cents to hire out to other people.
I agree, what I do isn't for everyone. My idea looking at the situation from a distance is just that the idea it seems that alot of young people in this country seem to have, of having to go to college and spend or borrow a bunch of money to do it. I just think there's another way.

Latest posts