Tips and tricks to make great saving

Help Support CattleToday:

Gwenaelle":rmoka8jd said:
The best tip to save on fuel is never driving with the windows down since this slows the vehicle down, meaning you have to drive the engine faster and use more fuel. There are other tips which may interest you, useful for farmers. I have a huge collection of books dealing with tips on savings, this one may help you a lot "The practical guide to saving" the health publishing company, very interesting one.

I notice you read a lot of books.

Always put money back at the beginning when you get paid.
Start an account with an investment company and put your savings into an S & P 500 fun (or like fund) DO NOT TOUCH IT. It will not make money at the bank.

Start a ROTH IRA even if you put very little in it each month.
Never get a credit card........I have gone my entire life without owning one.

I may get slammed for this one, but teach children not to keep the roads hot all the time. They think they can't be happy if they are at home and have to be on the go. Then when they become adults, they are on the go all weekends, shopping and spending like there is no tomorrow. Very poor training for them when the become adults as this is how they will run their finances. When you leave the house, it is going to cost you money; mostly for the ones that money burns their pockets.

Bigfoot":2buhrv2e said:

Yes, it is the case, books are really helpful nowadays. I read books not only for distraction but also to be updated of new things, such as the great issue of many of us "how to make great saving?", "The practical guide to saving "really helps me.

Gwenaelle":3d41bdgq said:
Bigfoot":3d41bdgq said:

Yes, it is the case, books are really helpful nowadays. I read books not only for distraction but also to be updated of new things, such as the great issue of many of us "how to make great saving?", "The practical guide to saving "really helps me.

Don't spend money on books. Go to the library. A library card is free.

Open a savings account and do this.

2dlqgsw.jpg

Go to the library and get the Tightwad Gazette by Amy Dacyczn (I probably butchered the last name). She published a newsletter for a few years that has been compiled into a book or maybe two. She was a housewife with 6 kids and a husband in the military, she kept their living expenses down to about $10k a year in the 90's and saved enough money to pay cash for their dream house. The newsletter was an income stream during this, I think she had over 100k subscribers at the peak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUFyD-FTf-E

Latest posts