Time Changing

Help Support CattleToday:

Nowland Farms

Reaction score
Have I told you how I feel about the time changing last week?

I HATE IT !!!!

I can't do a dadgum thing about it but I still hate it. It should not be dark at 5pm.

'Nuff said !!!!

You touched a nerve.
Ben Franklin had enough great ideas to get him on the $100 bill. Daylight saving time was the worst idea Ben ever had. Nuff said.

Indiana, great state that she is, resisted DST until a megalomaniac governor insisted we had to have DST or risk sliding into the abyss. Truth is, his buddies just want more time to play golf after work.

As part of the .005% of the population which makes hay--I hate DST. It means you cannot start your day until about 11 am. And you are still going at 10 pm. I don't wear a watch. I just work according to the conditions. Trouble is, it inconveniences me greatly when I have to chose between an evening meeting and putting up hay. I am way out of synch with the rest of the world.

I survived the first year of DST in Indiana. I cannot say I liked it. Hated it, in truth.

In my opinion, a day should have some relationship to the position of the sun. With DST in Indiana, on the far west edge of the eastern time zone, the sun hit its' high point about 230 pm. Dark fell around 10 pm.

What I'm really arguing for is a more "in touch with nature" system. Holistic. Sustainable. Heck, I need a Californian to help with the verbage.

Noon should track the sun's high point as closely as is practical. To do otherwise is a mockery of time keeping as it was practiced (successfully) by the earliest civilizations.

edited to add that when y'all make me "el primero" we will do away with this DST foolishness once and for all, even if golf clubs have to suffer.

To me its like cutting six inches off the bottom of your blanket and sewing it to the top of the blanket. Just doesn't make much sense to me.

John250, I'll support you all the way to your El Primeroship is you put me in as Master Chief Justice or your Supreme Court. There's a few improvements I'd like to make.

They are talking about quiting the clocks going back next year here. Can't see the point in it myself changing the clocks. The AA said it stops accidents by drivers on the way home, I say if they are that bad they shouldn't be driving, you should be able to drive in any conditions to be on the road.

We are now back to NORMAL. Daylight saving's time ended. Time right now is as it should be.

I wish it would stay the time it was all year round. I don't like the normal time - I goto work in the dark and get home in the dark. No time to do anything outside without lights.

sidney411":2a5ha3qb said:
I wish it would stay the time it was all year round. I don't like the normal time - I goto work in the dark and get home in the dark. No time to do anything outside without lights.

So are you saying you like daylight savings time because you like light in the evenings? That is what got us here.

If we set all the clocks forward two hours and left them like that, we'd be ahead IMHO. If I get one hour in the sping and it lasts a few months, I'll accept it.

I generally like it cause I don't have to get out in the dark every morning. But I have to get my chores done when I get home or it gets dark.

sidney411":1xhe31em said:

;-) well, the days ARE shorter in the winter, no matter how humans fiddle with clocks :lol:

i hate it. i love it when it stays light til 9:30 at nite. now i have to rush to get home to make sure chores get done. by the time i get my business done after school, and then i go tanning tuesdays and thrusdays, i have like 30 mins to get all them done.

last nite i fell asleep at like 8 cuz it had been dark for 3 hours. i also dont go by time, i go by sun.

I went for a run tonight at 4:30pm and had to cut it short it was dark by 5:15 already.I was getting a little nervous as I did not want to be stuck on the road in the dark :( .

Tomorrow if it is nice again I will make sure I am gone by 3:00.

I am not looking forward to checking cows in the pitch black.

Latest posts