Thoughts on this heifer?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Daughter is looking for a commercial heifer. Some things I like about this one and some I don't. What do you think?
Sept. heifer, Taratese/angus cross
hfr.jpg

hfr2.jpg

What are you planning on doing with this heifer? If you plan on showing her in the commercial classes, I don't think she would be competitive. Why? From the pictures, she does not balance well, she is slick haired, pinched in her heart girth, course fronted, and masculine appearing in her head and neck. This is just my opinion, and it might be that I see her different than she really is due to the pictures.If you are planning on buying her as a replacement for a commercial cow/calf operation, then that might be a different story.

I agree with JR in regards to a show prospect. Also, I'd like to see more of her, especially in that rear third. If you are planning to use her as a replacement, and not show her, she could develop nicely, but as a show heifer, i think you'd have to spend a whole lot of money pouring feed to her.

Not saying she is a terrible heifer, but honestly I don't think she will be that competitive, and you could find a better quality animal with little searching.

Ryan

Latest posts