thoughts on shock collars

Help Support CattleToday:

DrumRunner728":hipqnhlv said:
Alice, I can't stop laughing!!! What an idiot! However, I sure know some people I'd like to buy one of those collars for. :p

Isn't it a scream (in more ways than one)! And, like you, I know more than a few I'd like to test it on...

Alice

You know, shock collars have become very popular with hunters using them on their upland bird dogs. I hunt upland a lot have 2 good bird dogs and would not consider using a shock collar on my dogs.

i've used chock collars on bird dogs and they work well....i recently posted on the subject staying off the road...i'd get one and teach her to heel...stay...down...they will work...

bigbull338":2x0t9yru said:
ive got a cow dog that loves to chase/work cattle.she goes out with me an chases them.the bottomline is she wont mind me when i call her off.an that in turn ticks me off.i wont have her chasing new cattle.so i pen her up when im out working.so im thinking bout training her with a shock collor not to chase or mess with the cows at all.give me your thoughts on shock collors.
My husband has trained many a coondogs with shock collars and has never had any problems. most of the time it dont take long (just a few times) for them to figure it out

As with every peice of equipment,from a rope on up,there is a right way and a wrong way to use it..

doublec_ranch":10478wvl said:
Some shock collars come with another button that emmits a tone. You press the button to let the dog hear the tone, then if she still doesn't mind, shock. Then the tone alone will let her know something isn't right.

http://www.atozvetsupply.com/category-s/645.htm

Try one of these
i bet the collar that emitts a sound before you shock them is the $100 1.i havent got a collar yet.im doing pretty good controlling her with voice except when she gets stubborn.

As long as you ask...then tell. This training technique works on horses, dogs, KIDS. Say NO, then punish, then no becomes associated with punishment. Also, don't punish when she comes back to you after you say no. Then she won't ever come back to you. Go to her.

Latest posts